Permit yourself a break from the academic grind by participating in Spring Retreat. Activities will include outdoor recreation related trips in rock climbing and rappelling, bouldering, backpacking, mountain biking, kayaking, or combination trips. The participant will illustrate the principles of Leave No Trace, the importance to protecting the environment, and demonstrate their application while participating in a variety of outdoor recreation activities.
The activities will be kayaking, climbing, fishing, and camping at the Hidden Valley Wildlife Management Area.
Registration Deadline: April 13, 2017
- Illustrate the principles of Leave No Trace, their environmental importance, and demonstrate their implementation.
- Learn proper preparation for outdoor activities
- Education area youth on job opportunities in adventure tourism and outdoor recreation in Southwest Virginia
- Experience health and wellness benefits of outdoor activities and being active
- Learn life-style enrichment activities for a better quality of life.
|Orientation:||April 25, 2017, 12:10pm or 6:00pm, Davis Hall room 237|
|Trip Date/Time:||April 29, 2017 - April 30, 2017 from 7:00am to 6:00pm
Meeting at Davis Hall Parking Lot at 7:00am
|Activity:||Kayaking, Climbing, Fishing, and Camping
Hidden Valley Wildlife Management Area