SWCC Academic News & Campus Events
Breakfast, Lunch and Prizes will all be part of this exciting experience. Participants can dress in their favorite 80’s attire (optional) for a chance to win a prize. Cost: $30 which includes breakfast and lunch. Breakfast starts at 8 a.m. For additional information contact Brenda Robinson at 276.964.7242 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Quilting by Machine (April 11, 18, and 25) 10am – 4pm Longarm machine quilting is an alternative to hand quilting
and with the busy schedules of crafters, it offers a way to complete their projects in minimal time.
- Knitting (April 13, 20, 27, May 4, and 11) 6 – 9pm Knitting is a deep rooted tradition of our Appalachian region, that still brings joy and warmth to the hearts of those who know its art.
- Traditional Pottery (April 15, 22, and 29) 6 – 9pm Gain hands-on experience in throwing, hand building, slip decorating and glazing traditional handmade pots.
- Mat Cutting and Framing (April 16, 23, and 30) 6 – 9pm Select mats and frames for artwork and learn the different mounting techniques for different media.
- Photography (May 5 and 12) 6 -9pm Review elements of design useful in photography, look at the camera and its different components prior to digital imagery, and explore the many new tools and features available in the digital camera.
- Brick Carving for Beginners (May 2, 9, and 16) 10am – 3pm Gain hands-on experience in carving clay using
very traditional methods of shaping “green” (unfired) bricks or ceramic tiles.
Complete your FAFSA to apply for financial aid for the 2015-2016 academic year that begins in summer term.
The campaign highlights the important role community colleges play in providing affordable, relevant education and training aligned with the workforce needs in rural America.
“We are excited to be partnering with CMT on this initiative,” said Dr. J. Mark Estepp, president of SWCC. “We were one of only 14 colleges selected nationally to participate in this program.” SWCC is the only college selected from the state of Virginia that will be a partner in the CMT EMPOWERING EDUCATION initiative. CMT Empowering Education