Driver Training Services
Driver Instruction & Training for Teens and Adults
Developing skills for a lifetime!
Southwest Virginia Community College offers training in Driver Education for the beginning driver. Limited to 18 students.
To register, click here for instructions.
Classroom and Behind-the-Wheel features:
- Ten modules of “Behind-the-Wheel” driving procedures for the beginning student.
- Incorporates the Virginia Curriculum and Administrative Guidelines for Driver Education as recognized by the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Provides a minimum of 36 fifty-minute periods of classroom instruction
- Provides a minimum of 14 fifty-minute periods of Behind-the-Wheel (In-Car) instruction, includes a standardized road skills examination.
- $265.00 – Classroom only – in person (36 fifty minute periods)
- $225.00 – Behind-the-Wheel only – (14 fifty-minute periods – 7 periods of driving & 7 periods of observation)
- $490.00 – Classroom & Behind-the-Wheel instruction (Classroom – 36 fifty-minute periods & Behind-the-Wheel – 14 fifty-minute periods [7 fifty-minute periods of driving & 7 fifty-minute periods of observation])
The classroom is offered as an evening class (6:00 p.m. till 8:00 p.m.) during the public school year and can be offered during the summer as a day/evening class.
(must have 7 students for class to make)
Date: June 14-30, 2016 (Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday)
Time: 1:00 p.m. to 4:50 p.m.
Currently enrolling students. Once the registration is complete/tuition paid the instructor will contact student/parent/guardian and schedule the student for the 14 fifty-minute driving periods. (Two students per driving period.)
Southwest Virginia Community College
Center for Community, Workforce & Economic Solutions
ATTN: Edna Sizemore
PO Box SVCC
Richlands, VA 24641
For additional information, please call: 276.964.7369, 1.800.822.822 ext. 3, or V/TDD 276.964.7235
Fax: 276.964.7744 between 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.