Take the On Ramp to Success! The program can provide you with these benefits:
- Assistance with career change
- Financial Assistance
- Referrals to academic support
- Services such as tutoring, career counseling, and learning resources
- One-on-one or group career counseling
- Assistance with college admission application and financial aid
On Ramp may be able to assist you with the costs of noncredit workforce training.
You may qualify if you are a dislocated worker defined as:
- displaced homemaker/caretaker
- failed small business owner
- eligible for, or exhausted unemployment insurance
The primary focus of the On Ramp Program:
Provide financial aid to dislocated workers, and for whom other funding is non-existent or not enough to cover tuition, certification/licensing fees, books and supplies.
A key component of the On Ramp Program is to assist in providing access for you to higher education and training opportunities. The program fills an unmet need within the one-stop service delivery system in terms of education and career advising that will place you on a pathway to success!
In addition, the program will help you file college and financial aid applications, as well as navigate the Virginia Education Wizard and other online tools to help guide you forward on a career-focused education path.
If any of the following apply to you, we may be able to help you navigate the On Ramp to a successful college experience. Contact us today!
- I have been terminated or laid off, or received a notice of termination or layoff from employment.
- I am eligible for or have exhausted unemployment insurance.
- I demonstrate an appropriate attachment to the workforce, but am not eligible for unemployment insurance and am unlikely to return to a previous industry or occupation.
- I am employed at a facility where the employer has made a general announcement that the facility will close within 180 days.
- I am self-employed and am now unemployed as a result of general economic conditions in the community or because of a natural disaster.
- I am a displaced homemaker who is no longer supported by another family member.
Center for Workforce, Community & Economic Solutions
Buchanan Hall, 111
P.O. Box SVCC
Richlands, VA 24641
Funded by the United States Department of Labor Workforce Investment Act – Title I Funds