Southwest Small Business Development Center
Does your business need assistance?
Services are confidential and there is no charge for counseling services. Please complete and submit the SBDC Client Registration Form and we will contact you to set up an appointment with our Program Manager.
What help is available?
Management Skills Provides guidance and counsel to help businesses become effective and efficient by improving management skills and operational effectiveness.
Business Information Provides access to a wide variety of economic and business data which includes federal, state, and private sector publications.
Business Planning Assists the potential entrepreneur with identification and evaluation of the most important factors related to the success of his or her enterprise.
Productivity Improvement Enhances competitiveness through training and technical assistance.
Workshops Conducts workshops on a wide variety of topics related to starting and operating a business in Southwest Virginia.
Network Assistance Helps in identifying sources of information and/or services related to small business.
Loan Application Assistance Sources of Business Financing Financial Analysis Marketing Permits, Licenses, and Taxes
- Bureau of the Census
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Internal Revenue Service
- Small Business Administration
- U.S. Business Advisor
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- U.S. Department of Commerce
- Virginia Department of Business Assistance
Other Small Business Development Centers:
- Radford University Business Assistance Center
- Rappahannock Region Small Business Development Center
- Mountain Empire Community College Small Business Development Center
- Virginia Highlands Community College Center for Business and Industry Director, Jim Tilley
- Association of Small Business Development Centers (ASBDC)
- Commonwealth of Virginia – Business Registration Guide
- LENOWISCO Planning District Comission
- Manufacturing Technology Center
- Procurement Technical Assistance Center
- VA Small Business Development Center Network
- Small Town & Merchant Program
- Business Resource Center
- Cornell Law School Legal Information Institute
- Dunn Bradstreet
- Merrill Lynch Business Center
- Internet Patent Search System
- Thomas Register Searchable Database
- The Small Business Advocate
Social Networking/Media Tools:
- Group Text Messaging