Grant assistance based upon availability of funds.
Fast Track Credential Based Training
The Workforce Credential Grant (WCG) was launched on July 1, 2016. The WCG grant is designed to ensure that the workforce credentials are accessible and affordable for Virginians seeking the skills they need to obtain good-paying jobs in high-demand fields. Students enrolling in one of the workforce credential training programs covered by the grant-eligible program will pay only 1/3 of the normal cost. The maximum value of each grant is $3,000.
- Student must initially pay 1/3 the cost of the course.
- Student must complete the course earning an “S” grade within 30 days of the course end date. If student does not complete the course by earning an “S”, student must pay an additional 1/3 of the total course cost to the college.
- Student must sign the WCG Release Form when registering for the class.
- Student is expected to seek applicable credential or licensure associated with the program whether it is incorporated into the program cost or requires me to obtain the certification at an additional cost.
- Student must provide their full social security number to enroll in the class.
- Student must be 18 years of age or older. If under 18, student must have parent or guardian complete release form.
- Student must have Virginia “domicile” in order to receive the discount.
FANTIC (Financial Aid for Non-Credit Training Leading to Industry-Recognized Credentials) provides funding for students who demonstrate financial need and are enrolled in an approved noncredit workforce training program leading to the attainment of an industry-recognized credential or licensure.
Certification Programs Eligible for Financial Aid Assistance:
- CompTIA IT Fundamentals
- Carpentry Level 1 & 2
- Contractor’s License
- Masonry Level 1 & 2
- American Welding Society FCAW, SMAW, GTAW, GMAW
- Commercial Driver’s License
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt / Yellow Belt
- CompTIA A +
- CompTIA Network +
If you need assistance, please call the Workforce Development Services at (276) 964-7244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org