Earn nationally recognized cybersecurity credentials at SWCC
Cybersecurity credentials are in high demand for career advancement for current IT professionals, and are also beneficial for individuals across a variety of jobs and organizations. A recognizable cybersecurity credential will enhance a resume and attract the attention of hiring personnel. A recent SANS (SysAdmin, Audit, Network and Security) survey reported salary increases of up to 5% for employees who gained a cybersecurity credential or certification.
A new Cybersecurity Career Studies Certificate cohort begins Fall 2017 – tuition assistance is available through the Workforce Credentials Grant for Cybersecurity Credentials.
Courses open for enrollment:
- ITE 105 Careers and Cyber Ethics W1 – 38230
- BUS 106 Security Awareness for Mangers W1- 38225
- ITN 106 Microcomputer Operating Systems W1 – 38226
- ITN 107 Personal Computer Hardware and Troubleshooting W1 – 38227
- ITN 101 Introduction to Network Concepts W1 – 38228
- ITN 111 Server Administration W1 – 38229
Cybersecurity Training & Certification Exams
The Information Technology Ready and Security Basics course provides in-class/hybrid training and preparation for a certification exam.
The course will prepare you with computer repair, tech support, and security skills and knowledge, and will ensure you meet entry-level IT and Security job requirements.
Upon completion of the Information Technology Ready and Security Basics course you will be prepared to take certifications/credentials examinations in:
- Microsoft Digital Literacy & CompTIA IT Fundamentals – 43 Hours Training – 3 Hour exam prep session
- CompTIA A+ – 88 Hours Training and 6 Hour exam prep session
- CompTIA Network + – 48 Hours Training and 3 Hour exam prep session
- CompTIA Security+ – 48 Hours Training and 3 Hour exam prep session
Course completers will be given one voucher for each of these CompTIA certification exams. All study materials, including textbooks, labs, and practice exams are provided.
Cybersecurity Career Studies Certificate Program & Exams
The Cybersecurity Career Studies Certificate program is a two semester, 29 credit hour, course of study designed to launch your career in the field of Cybersecurity. Graduates will be prepared for employment as network security specialists, Internet security specialists, or similar security related employment fields.
The Cybersecurity CSC is designed to provide students with the technical and problem solving expertise needed to actively protect assets connected to a network. Students will gain the knowledge and training to implement defense, recognize unauthorized access, and take action to minimize threats to their network & computing environment.
Graduates of the Cybersecurity Career Studies Certificate program will have received preparation to take the following certification exams:
- CompTIA IT Fundamentals
- Network +
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CE)
- GSEC GIAC Certified Perimeter Protection Analyst
How to enroll in cybersecurity training or apply for grant funding to help pay for your class.
Cody Israel, Cybersecurity Program Coordinator (276) 964-7276 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Learn more about Workforce Technology Resource Funding at SWCC.
Industry information about the benefits of cybersecurity credentials: