Faculty Reward & Recognition
The Faculty Recognition Program consists of two awards systems:
1- Learning Environment Awards and
2- The Annual Faculty Recognition Awards.
All full-time teaching faculty members are eligible for nomination for both types of rewards.
The Learning Environment Awards Program
The college is committed to providing an invigorating learning environment for its students, faculty, and staff. To this end, the college has established the Learning Environment Awards Program as a means of recognizing, on an ongoing basis, extraordinary and exemplary contributions to the learning environment by full-time teaching faculty in one or more of the following areas: Teaching, Scholarly and Creative Engagement, Institutional Responsibility, and Service to the College or the Community.
Nomination Process (Learning Environment Awards):
An individual or group of individuals who wish(es) to recommend a faculty member for a Learning Environment Award may do so at any time by submitting a completed Learning Environment Award Nomination Form to the Faculty Reward and Recognition Committee or through electronic submission at the link below.
These nominations must be received by March 1.Learning Environment Nomination Form
The Annual Faculty Recognition Awards Program
Each year, the college presents a series of Faculty Recognition Awards to full-time teaching faculty who have been nominated and selected for exemplary achievements, contributions or activities in the areas of Teaching, Scholarly and Creative engagement, Institutional Responsibility, and/or Service. Each Faculty Recognition Award is associated with a specific area of faculty responsibility as indicated by the title of the award and the criteria for selection of recipients.
- The Faculty Teaching Effectiveness Award is awarded to a member of the full-time teaching faculty whose performance in the classroom or other instructional environment best exemplifies effectiveness in promoting student achievement.
- The Faculty Scholarly and Creative Engagement Award is awarded to a member of the full-time teaching faculty who has achieved a significant academic scholarly accomplishment through research, publishing, and/or professional presentation, or who has achieved a significant creative accomplishment.
- The Faculty Institutional Responsibility Award is awarded To a member of the full-time teaching faculty who has achieved a major accomplishment of significant or world-class quality that furthers the college’s achievement of its strategic priorities.
- The Faculty Community Impact Award is awarded to a member of the full-time teaching faculty members who has greatly impacted the college’s image through community service and/or involvement.
- The Faculty Multicultural Enrichment Award is awarded to a member of the full-time teaching faculty who demonstrates a high level of enthusiasm and commitment to helping our college celebrate the richness of different cultures and diversity.
- The Faculty Leadership Award is awarded annually to a member of the full-time teaching faculty who demonstrates leadership and commitment to the college.
Nomination Process (Annual Faculty Recognition Awards):
An individual or group of individuals who wish(es) to nominate a faculty member for an Annual Faculty Recognition Award may do so at any time by completing and submitting the Faculty Recognition Award Nomination Form corresponding to the specific award for which the nominee is being recommended. The completed form shall be submitted to the Faculty Reward and Recognition Committee or through electronic submission at the link below.
These nominations must be received by March 1.Annual Faculty Recognition Award Nomination Form
Faculty Reward and Recognition Committee members:
Cathy Smith-Cox (email@example.com)
Windell Turner (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mary Ragland (email@example.com)
Martha Rasnake (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Annette Lockhart (email@example.com)
Kevin Stillwell (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Sandy Stephenson (email@example.com)
Dave Witt (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Jereial Fletcher (email@example.com)