MYSouthwest (SIS / Bb / Gmail)
The MYSouthwest System is for use by students of Southwest to:
- access college email account, Blackboard (course assignments and materials) and your Student Accounts (registration & personal information)
- manage your curriculum progress using the Degree section of Self Service
- manage your term class schedules using the Enrollment section of Self Service
- monitor your Financial Records and pay tuition using the Campus Finances section of Self Service
- view Academic records such as term grades and unofficial transcripts using the Academic Records section
Available now . Mobile compatible MYSouthwest login portal PLUS improvements in security.
Now available, current users will notice some changes to the look of the MYSouthwest login page, and to the menu page which will display application selections in MYSouthwest as blocks. These design changes will enable you to easily login and see your MYSouthwest features using a phone or other mobile device.
- Sandy Baisden 276.964,7238
- Jennifer Hale – 276.964.7295
- Dyan Lester -276.964.7677
- Alta Lewis -276.964.7293
- Paula Owens – 276.964.7344
- Kathy Sword – 276.964.7297
- Teresa Thompson – 276.964.7299
- Connie Whited – 276.964.7608
Security – Password Requirements
Password length is allowed to be up to 32 characters (rather than the previous 10) and must be at least 8 characters.
Passwords must meet 3 of these 4 characteristics:
- Alphabetic characters
- Numeric characters
- Combination of upper and lower case letters
The full set of password requirements is:
- At least eight characters and not more than thirty-two.
- At least one UPPERCASE letter
- At least one lowercase letter
- At least one number (0-9)
- At least one special character (e.g. ! @ # $ %)
Security Question Requirements
The security feature requires each user to set 5 security questions and answers.
New applicants or users, who enter MYSouthwest after March 7 2016, will be required to set their security questions upon first use.
Student records in MYSouthwest are confidential but it is up to each student to properly maintain and protect their access information using these guidelines.
- Your Username and Password are case-sensitive.
- When you apply using our Web Application a default password is assigned when your account is created and this default password is given to you. Upon your first login YOU MUST CHANGE this default password to a secure password that you choose. Use the “Username Lookup” option to access the password wizard and create your own secure password. You will be required to change your password every 6 months (180 days).
- Don’t share your Username or EmplID and Password with ANYONE.
- Use the system bar to navigate, not the browser menu bar.
- Don’t forget to Logout and CLOSE YOUR BROWSER because someone using the same computer after you may be able to access your account.
- System inactivity timeout is approximately 20 minutes
- All new students are required to meet with an academic adviser before registering.
- Students are required to take a Student Development class within their first 15 credits.
- You have a lifetime limit on the number of college credits that can be paid for using Federal Financial Aid. If you are unsure about whether or not a class is beneficial for your degree goals, ASK someone.
Enroll & Access Schedules
Go to VCCS SIS in MYSouthwest. https://sw.my.vccs.edu
1. In SA Self Service Click on Enrollment (3rd column, 3rd row) to register for classes. To make changes to existing schedule, click the desired transaction to add, drop, swap a course.
2. Select correct enrollment term and click the term for which you want to enroll.
3. From the Add Class screen, enter the class number in the Class NBR field. If you must search for a class, click the prompt button
a. Enter at least two criteria and click Search.
b. Select a class by clicking on the Select Class checkbox. If the Select Class checkbox is not available, the class is no longer available. (Past date to add).
4. Then proceed to your shopping cart. Click on Proceeded to Step 2 of 3 Button, then click on Finishing Enrolling button.
5. View the status of your class registration at the right under the Message column.
6. If there was a problem with your request, the screen will show Enrollment Error by the class. Click on errors found to view related error message. Note the Error Number and contact Admissions for assistance if needed.
7. Click Add Class link at bottom of screen to add additional classes.
See your completed class schedule with this option.
1. On Self Service Main Menu page under Enrollment
2. Click My Class Schedule. Select the term for the grades you want to view. Your class schedule will display. You may also select View my Weekly Schedule (table format by day and time).
4. Print using only print selected frame option
Grades & Transcripts
1. Login to MYSouthwest and select VCCSSIS89
2. Select Request Official Transcript and submit your information with a complete mailing address.
3. Please allow 5 working days for processing of request. May include additional time at advance registration.
There is no charge for the transcript.
If you want to view your unofficial transcript from all terms, follow the steps below.
LOGIN to MYSouthwest >Select Student Information System >Click on Self Service> Click on Academic Records >Click on View Unofficial Transcript >Select the Institution >Select the report type >Unofficial Transcript >Click on GO
Your full unofficial transcript will display to view/print.
For more information about transferring your courses, you may talk to a transfer specialist or use the online tools available on the Transfer Information Page.
LOGIN to MYSouthwest > Select Student Information System >Click on Self Service >Click on Academic Records >Click on View My Grades >Select the term for the grades you want to view.
Your course grade history will display for that term.