Distance learning students are expected to take their tests/exams in the Distance Learning Testing Center, Dellinger Hall, room 107.
Exams are administered on a walk-in, first-come/first serve basis without an appointment. The testing center is open from 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday unless otherwise posted.
SUMMER Business Hours: Please contact DLIT at 964.7670 if you have a question about summer testing hours.
Friday, 5/20 through Thursday, 8/11
Monday-Thursday: 7:30 am – 5:15 pm
Friday: 7:30 am – 11:30 am
If you are unable to test during the hours listed above:
SWCC’s Library is open Monday through Thursday until 9:00 p.m. and on Sunday from 1p.m. to 5 p.m. Click here to see the Library’s current hours of operation.
Arrangements for testing in the Library should be made within two weeks of the beginning of each semester. The tests/passwords will be given to the Library for the complete semester.
Arrangements for testing in the Library may be made by contacting Distance Learning at email@example.com or call (276) 964-7279.
Students who live in the Grundy or Lebanon area, and do not come to campus for other classes, may test at the Booth Center (276) 964-7354 or the Lebanon Center (276) 889-7613 after contacting the site. Once students have made contact with the site, the site facilitator will e-mail Distance Learning and the passwords/tests and instructions will be e-mailed to the site.
All other off-campus testing requires the completion of the Proctor form which may be downloaded here [SWCC Proctor Information Form ] or from the Public Forms page. It is the student’s responsibility to secure a proctor and to pay any fees charged by the proctor. A listing of SWCC’s off campus sites may be found at http://sw.edu/off-campus/
SWCC’s Distance Learning requires that the proctor be a staff member at a college or university testing center, college or public Librarian. Exceptions may apply with mitigating circumstances. The proctor cannot be a family member, neighbor, friend, adjunct faculty, teacher, employer, or co-worker. Requests for proctors must be approved by SWCC’s Distance Learning. SWCC reserves the right to reject requests for proctors for any reason.
Should you plan to use proctoring services, the proctor form or request should be returned to Distance Learning within the first two weeks of each semester. One approved proctor form/request will suffice for all classes. E-mail Distance Learning at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com call (276) 964-7279 or 1-800-859-1513 for further information.
Proctor Form Instructions
1. Fill out the top half, including any and all courses you are taking via Distance Learning.
2. Take the form to the approved facility, and have them fill out and sign the bottom half of the form. It is your responsibility to make sure they fax the form to us, and follow up with our office to ensure we received it.
3. We must receive this form in the Distance Learning office well in advance of your first test. Time must be allowed for the sending and receiving of materials, so keep that in mind when you’re scheduling your tests. They should be received by Distance Learning on the posted deadlines. See a listing of Off Campus Sites and Contact Information
Our testing center also provides the following testing services:
*Pearson Vue Certified Testing
*Proctored testing for other institutions
The Center administers Certiport tests Monday through Thursday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
Testing clients must:
- arrive on campus in time to complete all testing by 4 p.m.
- have a current Certiport User ID and password and be able to access it. This registration process can be completed at https://www.certiport.com .
- have previously purchased a voucher from Certiport and have the voucher number with them to access the test or the client is in a (Southwest) program that has e-mailed the voucher number to the testing center.
- have a pictured ID.
In case of holidays or inclement weather, call the testing center at (276) 964-7279 or 1-800-859-1513 to ensure that the center is open . (Please do not wait until the last day of the voucher expiration to test.)
For more information on our testing services, call 276.964.7674.