SWCC offers the Associate of Arts & Sciences degree in Business Administration, Education, Engineering, General Studies, & Science, in addition to several specialization areas.
Each of these degrees incorporate universal courses required during the first two years of a four year degree, specific courses for a major, and a number of free electives. With the AA&S Degree, the SWCC graduate should transfer with junior status to the majority of senior institutions.
Upon enrollment in one of these programs or specializations, you should consult with your academic adviser or a SWCC admissions counselor for assistance in determining your transfer path.
Your assigned Academic Adviser will be listed in your MySouthwest account, or will be provided to you by the Admissions Office. College Success Coaches are also available to assist you. Project ACHIEVE students may receive assistance from the Project Achieve transfer counselor.
For additional advisement, transfer information may be found using the Virginia Wizard’s Transferring to a four year college section, which contains:
- VCCS System-wide Transfer and Articulation Agreements (listing of all available transfer colleges)
- VCCS Guaranteed Admission Agreements (with a VCCS associate’s degree and a minimum GPA, students may obtain GUARANTEED admission to more than 20 of the commonwealth’s schools)
- College Transfer Grant Program (see if you are eligible)
- Transfer Planner Tool (provides a checklist to plan your transfer to a four-year college or university.)
How to Request an Official SWCC Transcript
1. Login to MYSouthwest and select VCCSSIS89
2. Select Request Official Transcript and submit your information with a complete mailing address.
3. Please allow 5 working days for processing of request. May include additional time at advance registration.
There is no charge for the transcript.
If you want to view your unofficial transcript from all terms, follow the steps below.
LOGIN to MYSouthwest >Select Student Information System >Click on Self Service> Click on Academic Records >Click on View Unofficial Transcript >Select the Institution >Select the report type >Unofficial Transcript >Click on GO
Your full unofficial transcript will display to view/print.
TRANSFERRING TO SOUTHWEST VIRGINIA COMMUNITY COLLEGE
If you are transferring college credits TO Southwest for program graduation purposes, please have your previous school send your official transcript in a sealed envelope to:
ADMISSIONS OFFICE, PO Box SVCC. Richlands, VA 24641 Fax:276.964.7716
The College Catalog contains information on Alternative Ways to Earn College Credit at Southwest.