It is the policy of the Commonwealth of Virginia that personal information about citizens will be collected only to the extent necessary to provide the service or benefit desired; that only appropriate information will be collected; that the citizen shall understand the reason the information is collected and be able to examine their personal record which is maintained by a public body.
This (sw.edu) website:
- Does not require you to provide any personal information to download files.
- Requires you to provide personal information in order to provide services requested by you.
- Personal information collected is safeguarded in compliance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia and federal law as stated in the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Information you provide is only used to provide requested services and for internal statistics. Your personal information will not be provided to any other organization outside the guidelines of the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Should you not desire to provide this personal information, we will be unable to provide you some of the services which we offer online.
- Certain applications collect user information as cookies. Cookies are only used as necessary to run the applications and no additional information is gathered through them.
- Access to personal information you provide is limited to those who require the information to provide the services you request and for educational purposes outlined under the guidelines of the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- For statistical reporting, the web server logs information about your IP address, browser, date and time of visit, and IP addresses accessed during your visit. This information is only used to assess demands and usage for planning purposes.
Southwest Virginia Community College provides its website, catalog, handbooks, and any other printed materials or electronic media for your general guidance. The college does not guarantee that the information contained within them, including, but not limited to, the contents of any page that resides under the DNS registration of SWCC [sw.edu] is up-to-date, complete and accurate, and individuals assume any risks associated with relying upon such information without checking other credible sources, such as a student’s academic advisor. In addition, a student’s or prospective student’s reliance upon information contained within these sources, or individual program catalogs or handbooks, when making academic decisions does not constitute, and should not be construed as, a contract with the college. Further, the college reserves the right to make changes to any provision or requirement within these sources, as well as changes to any curriculum or program, whether during a student’s enrollment or otherwise.
Links or references to other materials and websites provided in the above-referenced sources are also for information purposes only and do not constitute the college’s endorsement of products or services referenced.
Revisions to Published Information
Southwest Virginia Community College must reserve the right to make any necessary but previously unannounced revisions, additions, or deletions in services, program offerings, program requirements, course content, scheduled course offerings, instructors, meeting times, and dates and locations as may be required without notice. Online catalog content supersedes the hard copy catalog of the same academic year(s).