Academic Assessment and Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP)
This webpage provides a repository for materials related to Southwest Virginia Community College’s current Quality Enhancement Plan, The Tortoise and the Hare: Thinking Slowly to Think Quickly and SWCC’s revised academic program assessment plan.
Download the SWCC QEP Impact Report
- Report on Academic Assessment 2017-18 - Business, Engineering, and Industrial Technology Division & Health Care Technologies, Humanities, Mathematics, and Natural and Social Sciences Division
- 2017-18 Assessment Calendar - provides Program Coordinators with a schedule of assessment events and deadlines
- Program Assessment Matrix 2017-18 provides the current status of assessment activities for each academic program. It also provides a list of assigned Program Coordinators for each of SWCC’s academic programs.
Quality Enhancement Plan
- The Tortoise and the Hare: Thinking Slowly to Think Quickly rev. 3-21-16 -- the complete SWCC QEP plan document as approved by SACSCOC in June 2016
- QEP Report 2016-17 -- the QEP annual report for Year 1: 2016-17
- QEP Report 2017-18—the QEP annual report for Year 2: 2017-18
For information contact Cathy Smith-Cox, IR Officer/Assessment and QEP Coordinator