Take advantage of the fall foliage by participating in outdoor recreation related activities. Adventure weekend takes place in September. Activities will include outdoor recreation related trips in rock climbing, backpacking, mountain biking, kayaking, or combination trips. Activities will vary from year-to-year. Activity fees may apply.
The activity for 2017 will be a mountain biking trip on the Creeper Trail from White Top to Damascus.
- Identify the essential items to take on all outings, the ten essentials, the rule of 3, and layering
- Examine the benefits of Outdoor Recreation
- Explore career opportunities and training programs that exist in Southwest Virginia in Outdoor Recreation
- Learn about the potential weather hazards and safety best practices
- Learn the principles of Leave No Trace and demonstrate their implementation.
- Discuss water issues and staying hydrated on an outing
- Select proper equipment for activity
Contact Michael Brown for upcoming dates and details: 276.964.7703, email@example.com
Pack a lunch and plan to stop for dinner on the way back.
Space is limited to the first 14 to register.
For more information, contact the Business, Engineering, Industrial Technology and Workforce Services Division by
Phone: (276)964-7278 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org