Map Your Future
A four-day summer camp for youth (Age 10 to 13), focusing on Geographic Information Systems and GPS technology. The participant will receive instruction in the use of map and compass, GPS units, career opportunities and educational requirements. Guest speakers will be brought in from state parks, county governments, and private industries to describe outdoor career opportunities. Field trip to locations. Participants will practice the principles and learn the value of Leave No Trace.
- Learn how to use Global Positions Systems (GPS), Maps, and Compass.
- Learn how to prepare for a wilderness outing.
- Perform basic navigation with compass, topographic maps and GPS.
- Learn about job opportunities in outdoor related venues.
- Learn the principles of Leave No Trace.
- Learn about water purification and why it is important to stay hydrated.
- Learn how to read a topographical map and identify common features.
- Learn about geocaching and use a GPS to demonstrate geocaching.
Date/Time: July 8, 9, 10 and 11, 2019, from 8:00am to 4:00pm
Registration Deadline: June 27, 2019
Cost: $20.00 (Includes Camp T-shirt)(Submit shirt size with registration form)
Updated registration information coming soon.
Map Your Future Schedule
Updated Schedule Coming Soon
For more information, contact the Business, Engineering, Industrial Technology and Workforce Services Division by
Phone: (276)964-7278 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org