Permit yourself a break from the academic grind by participating in Spring Retreat. Activities will include outdoor recreation related trips in rock climbing and rappelling, bouldering, backpacking, mountain biking, kayaking, or combination trips. The participant will illustrate the principles of Leave No Trace, the importance to protecting the environment, and demonstrate their application while participating in a variety of outdoor recreation activities.
The activity for 2018 will be a kayaking trip on the Clinch River.
- Illustrate the principles of Leave No Trace, their environmental importance, and demonstrate their implementation.
- Learn proper preparation for outdoor activities
- Education area youth on job opportunities in adventure tourism and outdoor recreation in Southwest Virginia
- Experience health and wellness benefits of outdoor activities and being active
- Learn life-style enrichment activities for a better quality of life.
|Trip Date/Time:||April 28, 2018
Meeting at SWCC Davis Hall Parking Lot at 7:00AM
|Activity:||Clinch River Kayaking Trip|
Pack a lunch and plan to stop for dinner on the way back.
Space is limited to the first 15 to register!
For more information, contact the Business, Engineering, Industrial Technology and Workforce Services Division by
Phone: (276)964-7277 or Email: email@example.com