Accounting Associates Degree
Improve your job opportunities and earning power with an associate’s degree in accounting.
The Associate of Applied Science in Accounting fosters highly marketable job skills that almost every industry needs.
Our accounting associate’s degree provides you with a convenient, affordable pathway to career development. Whether you’re new to the work force, changing careers, or seeking to upgrade accounting skills for your current job, you’ll find a supportive environment at Southwest Virginia Community College.
Choose our associate’s degree in accounting if you want to:
- Get an affordable education with reasonable tuition and generous financial aid.
- Learn from experienced faculty who will take a personal interest in you and your success.
- Develop marketable business skills that employers are actively seeking.
- Enjoy flexible course schedules that won’t interfere with your work and family responsibilities.
- Graduate from an accredited community college that meets the highest academic standards.
- Receive career counseling that includes guidance in job search, resume writing, and interview techniques.
- Earn credits that you can transfer into a bachelor’s degree program, if you so choose.
Qualify for Better Jobs and Higher Pay With an Accounting Associate’s Degree
Southwest Virginia Community College has strong workforce development partnerships through the region. You’ll graduate with an accounting associate’s degree that local employers recognize and trust.
Accounting Program Adviser Margaret Dye
276.964.7308, Davis Hall Room 229, email@example.com
or contact SWCC Admissions at 276.964.7238 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The associate’s degree in accounting includes courses in:
customer service, taxes, management, business communications, financial management, and auditing.
Upon completing the accounting associate’s degree, you’ll be qualified for employment as a(n):
- Tax preparer
- Junior accounting
- Internal auditor
- Small business manager
- Payroll officer