Electrical - Electronics Associates Degree
Expand your job opportunities with an electrical electronics associate’s degree.
The rise of consumer electronics has driven up the need for well-trained electrical technicians and engineers. Our Associate of Applied Science in Electrical Electronics provides you with a pathway to good jobs in this growing profession.
The associate’s degree in electrical electronics provides you with specialized skills that are in constant demand. You’ll learn everything you need to move straight into the work force as a technician, sales specialist, help desk staff, or related position.
And your electrical electronics associate degree gets you about halfway to a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering. If you want to continue your studies, your associate’s degree credits will transfer straight over.
Whether you’re just starting out in the work force, or are a working adult who’s seeking new opportunities, Southwest Virginia Community College offers a welcoming environment.
By choosing SWCC for your associate’s degree in electrical electronics, you can:
- Get a cost-effective associate’s degree, with affordable tuition that fits into your budget.
- Take courses from expert faculty who are focused on teaching and take a personal interest in every student.
- Learn marketable skills that will qualify you for jobs in a very wide range of industries.
- Receive all the support you need in or out of the classroom, including tutoring, career counseling, academic planning and study skills development.
- Schedule your courses at convenient times that won’t interfere with your work and family responsibilities.
- Obtain an associate’s degree from an accredited community college that employers know and respect.
An Electrical Electronics Associate Degree Helps You Find Job Opportunities in Many Industries
Employers trust graduates of Southwest Virginia Community College’s electrical electronics associate’s degree program. Our students enter the work force with strong preparation, and they perform well once they’re hired.
The associate’s degree in electrical electronics includes courses in digital circuits, microprocessors, computer applications, logic controllers, and computer aided drafting/design. After graduating from the electrical electronics associate’s degree program, you’ll be qualified for employment as a(n):
- Engineering technician
- Electrical maintenance technician
- Electronics service technician
- Field service analyst
- Installation technician
- Technical sales specialist
- Technical support agent