Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Technology
Complete an accredited paramedic associate’s degree in a supportive environment—and reap the rewards.
Emergency medical technicians (EMTs) and paramedics have rewarding but demanding jobs. Southwest Virginia Community College will help you rise to the challenge.
Our associate’s degree in Emergency Medical Services Technology provides you with practical, hands-on training that includes lots of personal attention and support from your instructors.
You’ll earn an accredited paramedic associate’s degree that meets the highest professional standards and gives you superior preparation for the EMT licensing exam.
Our emergency medical technician associate’s degree stands out for its:
- Academic excellence. Our program is accredited by the Committee on Accreditation of Allied Health Educational Programs (CAAHEP) and our certification pass rate is 96 percent — the highest in the state.
- Personalized instruction. You’ll work with instructors who know you by name and care about your success. If you’re facing challenges in or out of the classroom, our faculty will make sure you get the support you need.
- Technical sophistication. You’ll learn to use the most up-to-date EMT equipment and technology, acquiring skills that make a good impression on employers.
- Hands-on training. Our paramedic associate’s degree includes hundreds of hours of practical skills lab and field experience.
- Supportive relationships. In addition to getting strong support from faculty, you’ll develop strong peer relationships and get mentoring and encouragement from professional
Build a Health Care Career with Our Associate’s Degree in EMS Technology
The U.S. Labor Department expects the need for EMTs and paramedics to grow by about 25 percent over the next decade.
Our associate’s degree in EMS technology provides you with the qualifications you need to work for many kinds of employers, including:
- Ambulance companies
- Fire and rescue departments
- Trauma centers
- Natural disaster and humanitarian relief agencies
- Government agencies