Engineering Associate Degree Information
Earn an affordable engineering associate’s degree that gets you halfway to a bachelor’s in engineering.
If you want to earn an engineering bachelor’s degree, Southwest Virginia Community College’s engineering associate’s degree program is the perfect place to start.
You’ll earn 60 credits that you can transfer to any four-year engineering program in Virginia. Credits earned at SWCC will transfer to many out-of-state schools. And an associate’s degree in engineering from SWCC allows you to:
- Take courses on a convenient campus near home.
- Save money on tuition, fees, housing and meals.
- Attend small classes in a welcoming, low-stress environment—while avoiding giant lecture courses with hundreds of engineering students.
- Get personalized attention from professors and advisers.
- Receive an education that prepares you to excel in a four-year engineering program—or move straight into entry-level technical jobs.
Graduates of our engineering associate’s degree program have an outstanding track record of success in four-year engineering programs. Your credits will transfer easily to the most competitive engineering programs in the region, including Virginia Tech.
SWCC is an accredited college that meets the highest academic standards. Our engineering associate’s degree from SWCC gives you a solid first step toward an engineering bachelor’s degree—and a career in engineering.
An Engineering Associate’s Degree Is Step One Toward Career Success
An associate’s degree in engineering qualifies you for many entry-level jobs related to engineering, such as draftsman or technical specialist.
If you continue your education to complete a bachelor’s degree in engineering, you can improve your marketability and income potential. Demand for engineers is high in many industries, including:
- Energy and mining
Contact program adviser Brian Hale at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 276.964.7550. Contact Southwest Virginia Community College Admissions at 276.964.7238 or email@example.com.