Get a flexible, affordable introduction to health care professions with our health sciences certificate.
The health care job market offers a wide range of attractive opportunities. Start exploring your options by earning a Certificate of Health Sciences.
Our flexible, affordable one-year health sciences certificate provides a strong start for almost any health care career that interests you. You’ll earn transferable credits that you can apply toward an Associate of Applied Science degree, or another two-year or four-year degree. And the program allows you to discover your strengths, explore your options, and learn from experienced health sciences faculty who can help you find the right path.
By earning a health sciences certificate from Southwest Virginia Community College, you can:
- Complete a certificate in just two semesters—as little as 32 weeks.
- Earn credits that you can count toward an associate’s degree or bachelor’s degree.
- Get guidance from faculty and academic advisers who’ll take a personal interest in you and be committed to helping you achieve your career goals.
- Keep all your options open as you learn about the health sciences.
- Develop marketable skills that can help you find entry-level jobs in the health care industry.
- Take courses on a flexible schedule that doesn’t conflict with your work and family activities.
- Receive a health sciences certificate from an accredited community college that meets the highest academic standards.
Our Flexible Health Sciences Certificate Is a First Step Toward a Health Care Career
The health science certificate provides you with a broad academic foundation. You’ll take college-level courses in math, writing, and computer applications, developing skills that can pay immediate dividends in the job market.
In addition, our certificate in health sciences provides a strong introduction to health care concepts and knowledge. You’ll take courses in:
- Human anatomy
- Medical terminology
- Human life span development
- Electives in biology, chemistry, psychology, or another health sciences subject