Information Systems Technology Associates Degree
Develop skills that are always in demand with an associate’s degree in information systems technology.
Information systems technology continues to rank as one of the nation’s fastest-growing sectors. The U.S. Labor Department estimates the demand for information technology specialists will increase 15 percent within the next decade.
Acquire the expertise you need for these well-paying jobs with an Associate of Applied Science in Information System Technology.
Our affordable information systems technology degree can help you enter the work force for the first time, develop new skills to change careers, or earn a promotion from your current employer. You’ll develop essential skills that can bring you a secure job with excellent pay.
There’s no better place to earn an information technology associate’s degree than Southwest Virginia Community College. You’ll learn from experienced pros in a welcoming environment that includes students of all ages and backgrounds.
We’ll take a personal interest in your success and provide all the support you need to complete your associate’s degree in information technology. At SWCC, you can:
- Pay affordable tuition and get generous financial aid.
- Work with expert faculty who’ll get to know you and provide as much academic support as you need.
- Develop information technology skills that you can market almost anywhere.
- Schedule courses at flexible hours that won’t cut into family and work time, or sign up for an online course and study wherever and whenever you want.
- Polish your job search, resume writing, and interview skills with one of our career counselors.
- Earn credits that you can transfer into a bachelor’s degree program, if you so choose.
Our Information Systems Technology Program Puts You on a Strong Career Path
Coursework for the associate’s degree in information technology covers a wide range of subjects. You’ll study numerous programming languages (including Visual Basic, Java, and C#/C++) and learn about web design, software coding, structured database queries, networks, and operating systems.
The program includes a supervised internship or independent project that will demonstrate your ability and build up your resume.
View the complete list of course requirements for the Associate’s Degree in Information Systems Technology at SWCC
One of the Information Systems Technology Faculty Advisers:
Michael Brown - firstname.lastname@example.org;
Dr.. Janet Rowell - email@example.com - 276.964.7213;
Crystal Dye - firstname.lastname@example.org -276. 964.7250
OR contact the Southwest Virginia Community College Admissions Office at 276.964.7238 or email@example.com.
Information Systems Technology (IST)
- Time to Complete: 2 years (full-time/4 semesters)
- Minimum Credits: 69
- Degree Type: Associate of Applied Science (AAS)
- Distance Learning Option: Yes
- Eligible for Financial Aid: Yes
- Program Code: 299-01
- Information Systems Technology Advising Sheet (pdf)
- Employment: 2016 Median Pay and Growth Information Computer & Information Systems Technology Occupations (OOH)
The associate’s degree in information systems technology includes courses in: web design, software coding, structured database queries, networks, and operating systems.
Upon completing the information systems technology associate’s degree, you'll be able to compete for good jobs as a(n):
- Computer programmer
- Database administrator
- IT manager
- Network administrator
- Systems analyst