Celebrating Service Call for Photographers
Special Art Exhibition | Celebrating Service | Inaugural Celebration
Southwest Virginia Community College invites photographers of Southwest Virginia, Southern West Virginia, and Northeast Tennessee to participate in a Special Exhibition Celebrating Service. This exhibition is one of several venues planned for the inauguration of Dr. Tommy F. Wright as the 3rd president of SWCC.
Selected photographs will be displayed from October 10 through October 28, 2018 in the Ellen Von Dehsen Elmes Gallery in the Charles R. King Community Center at SWCC
The Eagle Project Day of Service | September 21
Attention SWCC Students! Be a part of The Eagle Project | Join in a day of service to community! - call (276)964-7572 for info.
Entry Registration Deadline September 27 | Photograph Delivery October 4 - 6
The Celebrating Service Exhibition is open to amateur and professional photographers living in the region of Southwest Virginia, Southern West Virginia, and Northeast Tennessee and to those 16 years of age and older.
ELIGIBLE WORK FOR THE EXHIBITION (Up to two entries per person)
- Original photograph(s) - digital or darkroom generated, including Gicleé printed images.
- Photograph(s) content should depict, reflect, explore, or symbolize some aspect of service - in one’s community, workplace, school, church; or an aspect of volunteer or military service; as long as the theme of service is the primary focus of the photograph(s).
- Photographs not obviously focused on the theme may be disqualified.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR DISPLAY
- Photograph(s) must hang for the duration of the exhibition (Oct. 10-Oct. 28)
- Photograph(s) must be ready for hanging with appropriate hanging hardware and hanging wire attached, (no sawtooth hangers), and framed under plexiglass or glass.
- Poorly framed photograph(s) may be disqualified
DELIVERY/PICK-UP OF PHOTOGRAPH
- Photograph(s) can be hand-delivered to the SWCC Foundation office on one of the following dates:
- Thursday, October 4th (between 1:00-6:00pm)
- Friday, October 5, (between 1:00-4:00pm)
- Saturday, October 6, (between 10:00am-3:00pm)
- Pick-up will be Oct. 30-Nov. 1, 9:00am-4:00pm
- Please deliver photograph(s) to and pick-up from:
SWCC Foundation Office, Charles R. King Community Center, Southwest Virginia Community College
724 Community College Road
Cedar Bluff, VA 24609
Complete and submit the online entry form below by September 27th, 2018 with your intent to submit your work. Submit one form per entry (limit is 2 per person).
Entry Registration Form submission via hard copy or email.
. You may also download the Entry Procedure pdf, and complete the hard copy entry form and email, hand-deliver or postmark your entry form no later than September 27th to firstname.lastname@example.org or Ellen Elmes, PO Box SVCC, Richlands VA 24641