G3, Get Skilled — Get a Job — Give Back
The G3, Get Skilled — Get a Job — Give Back, is an initiative between our commonwealth, community college system, Virginia businesses, and motivated Virginians to build a workforce to fill the essential, well-paying jobs of today and tomorrow.
The G3 builds upon the Commonwealth’s investment in workforce training made through FastForward to provide an opportunity for any Virginian to earn an associate degree that meets critical employer demands.
Southwest Virginia Community College will be partnering with the G3 program, which will bring an additional tuition-free education option to our residents, along with our current county-supported free tuition offerings. As in SWCC’s partnerships with its service region counties, the G3 initiative will include a public service commitment.
SWCC’s administration is currently in development of the grant proposal to bring the G3 to our service region. It is anticipated that the G3 funding will be available through participating community colleges for Fall 2020.
The G3 initiative at SWCC will:
- Refine educational pathways aligned with the following industry sectors: Information Technology/Computer Science, Healthcare, Manufacturing and Trades, Public Safety, & Early Childhood Education
- Provide grant funded activities resulting in the creation of stackable, sub-baccalaureate pathways aligned with targeted industry sectors
- Include a “One-Door” Advising model
- Can include Dual Enrollment Partnerships
- Anticipate wages resulting in a minimum salary of $27K per year.
For more information about the G3 – Get Skilled, Get a Job, Give Back, at SWCC see the G3 Planning Grant FAQ, or contact Admissions counselors at 276.964.2555.