Learn about circuit diagrams for air conditioning units, reading and drawing of circuit diagrams, and the different types of electrical controls. You’ll also gain experience in analyzing air conditioning circuits, components, controls, and servicing equipment.
The HVAC Career Studies Certificate is designed to be completed in two semesters.
A QUALITY EDUCATION
The Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning career studies certificate is designed to train individuals in the basics of HVAC technology. The program trains students to enter the workforce as an entry-level maintenance technicians, with no prior experience necessary to enroll.
Key Skills You Will Learn:
- HVAC principles
- How to check HVAC systems and determine proper procedure to repairs
- Safely test and diagnose electrical issues
- Understand and interpret blueprints related to HVAC
- Gain a basic understanding of electricity
Students who successfully complete the program will obtain:
- NCCR level 1 and level 2 certification
- EPA certification (universal technician, required to purchase refrigerant)
- OSHA 10 certification
- First aid and CPR credentials
PAYING FOR COLLEGE
Southwest Virginia Community College has options to help you pay for a degree or certificate. A high percentage of students receive assistance through financial aid. Learn about paying for college and current tuition-free programs here.