Admissions FAQ

Other Admissions information:

  • If it has been more than 3 years since you applied to Southwest, you will need to re-apply.
  • If you have been a student at another VCCS college and want to take classes at Southwest, you will need to set your default college to SWCC in your MYSouthwest account under personal information.
  • If applying for Financial Aid, you must choose a program plan.  Browse the College Catalog for programs of study offered or speak with any of our Career Coaches or the Career Center for assistance.


Individuals with Disabilities

It is the responsibility of the individual with disabilities to make their needs known and to provide appropriate documentation of a disability.  Contact Stephanie Davis, Director of Career & Disability Services, DE 220, 276.964.7314 as soon as possible after admission to the college.

High School Students

If you are a high school student interested in dual enrollment classes, contact your high school guidance counselor.

—If you have graduated from high school within the past three years, have a copy of your transcript sent to Admissions.

Transfer Students

 If you are a transfer student from another college, have the institution send an official transcript directly to the Office of Admissions and Records in a sealed envelope. ADMISSIONS OFFICE PO Box SVCC Richlands, VA  24641


If you are a Veteran, click here for information about processing your admission to SWCC.