Main Menu

How to Transfer

How to Transfer

It is important to ask about your classes from SWCC transferring to the prospective colleges and universities.  They will transfer but they may transfer as different classes.

Many of the colleges and universities have different departments which have their own set of rules for transfer of classes from other colleges so it is very important you contact the prospective school transfer counselor for the specific department in which you are interested. You should do this as soon as you know what your academic plans are after SWCC.

Any students who will be completing the coursework for a certificate or degree must submit a Graduation Application in December before May graduation.
transfer jordan lovelace

Jordan T. Lovelace completed an Associate of Arts and Sciences degree with a major in Science May of 2014. Lovelace is attending Radford University in Radford, VA. He is majoring in Communication Sciences and Disorders (CSD).

Step 1– Apply for graduation by completing the graduation application. Contact Admissions if you are applying late for graduation.

You must apply for graduation to have your degree posted on your transcript and to receive a diploma. Many students make the mistake of not completing the form because they do not plan to participate in the graduation ceremony or to “walk”. If you do not complete the form you will not receive your degree and it will not be added to your transcript. It is very important you take a few minutes to complete the graduation application.

Having a degree recorded is necessary for completing commitments with senior institution articulation agreements and in some cases important in obtaining financial aid.

If you do not wish to participate in the graduation ceremony, there is a graduation in absentia form to complete. Please take a moment to complete it.

Step 2 – Have your advisor sign the graduation application.

Step 3 – Return the graduation application to admissions.

Do you need to calculate your GPA?