ETSU Bill Gatton College of Pharmacy Transfer Guide
Students attending SWCC who elect to pursue the Pharm.D. degree program at East Tennessee State University Bill Gattion College of Pharmacy may take all courses required through Southwest's Science Pre-Medical degree. Following the below requirements will allow for a smooth transition from SWCC to ETSU Bill Gatton College of Pharmacy.
The minimum transfer requirements are:
- Complete online Southwest Admission Application and make sure all required information, including transcripts from other institutions are provided to SWCC Admissions Office;
- Declare a major in Science: Specialization Pre-Medical
- Meet with Georgia Householder to find out course substitutions that will allow students to obtain an Associate of Arts and Sciences Degree. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Telephone: 276.964.7397
- Receiving this degree and maintaining a high overall GPA and science GPA will enhance chance for admission to to ETSU College of Pharmacy
- No PCAT® required
- Application to ETSU College of Pharmacy is through the online Pharmacy College Application Service (PharmCAS, at http://www.pharmcas.org).
- Submission of supplemental application.
- Obtain two strong letters of recommendation.
- Successful completion of an on-campus admissions interview.
- Meet ETSU College of Pharmacy admission standards. Visit https://www.etsu.edu/pharmacy/admissions/requirements.php for details.
- Take a virtual tour at https://www.etsu.edu/pharmacy/prospective_students/campus_visit.php?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxqS6_6-M6gIVCrbICh1aIwmoEAAYASABEgJTHPD_BwE
Articulation Plan for East Tennessee State U. Bill Gatton College of Pharmacy
ETSU pre pharm - SUMMER SEMESTER YEAR ONE
|#*CHM 111||Chemistry I||4 credits|
|#*CHM 112||Chemistry II||4 credits|
|MTH 161||Pre-calculus||3 credits|
|Total 11 credits|
ETSU pre pharm - FALL SEMESTER YEAR ONE
|ENG 111||English Composition I||3 credits|
|#*BIO 101||Biology I||4 credits|
|*CHM 241/243||Organic Chemistry I & lab||4 credit|
|MTH 261||Calculus I||3 credits|
|SDV 101||College Survival Skills||1 credits|
|Total 15 credits|
ETSU pre pharm - SPRING SEMESTER YEAR ONE
|ENG 112||English Composition II||3 credits|
|#*BIO 102||Biology II||4 credits|
|*CHM 242/244||Organic Chemistry II & lab||4 credits|
|MTH 245||Statistics||3 credits|
|CST 100||Principles of Public Speaking||3 credits|
|Total 17 credits|
ETSU pre pharm - SUMMER SEMESTER YEAR TWO
|*CHM 260/261||Biochemistry||4 credits|
|ENG 241||Literature||3 credits|
|Total 7 credits|
|HIS 101 or 121||History 1||3 credits|
|*PHY 201||General College Physics I||4 credits|
|*^BIO 141||Anatomy & Physiology I||4 credits|
|Elective||Social Science||3 credits|
|Total 17 credits|
ETSU pre pharm - SPRING SEMESTER YEAR TWO
|**PHY 202||General College Physics II or approved substitute||4 credits|
|*^BIO 142||Anatomy & Physiology II||4 credits|
|*BIO 205||General Microbiology||4 credits|
|HLT 143||Medical Terminology||3 credits|
|Total 15 credits|
TOTAL CREDITS for the Science/Pre-medical | Pre-Pharmacy Track for ETSU College of Pharmacy = 82
#CHM 111, 112 or BIO 101, 102 may be taken in Summer Semester Year One.
*These four hour science credit classes consist of three lecture hours and three laboratory hours.
**CHM 260 & 261 may be substituted for PHY 202
^BIO 141 and BIO 142 are NOT required for ETSU College of Pharmacy bur ARE required for other pharmacy schools if applying to more than one pharmacy school.
Requirements to receive the Associate of Arts and Science Degree Major Science: Specialization in Pre-Medical:
- Math; the student who needs MTH 161 will need 9 hours math, which includes one semester of calculus.
- Social Science electives: ECO, PSY, SOC.
- Humanities electives: ENG, Art Appreciation, Music Appreciation, Foreign Language, REL, PHI.
- Substitutions: HLT 143 is approved for HLT/PED credits.