Marshall University School of Pharmacy Admissions Guide
Students attending SWCC who elect to pursue the Pharm.D. degree program at Marshall University will take any/all of the courses listed in the articulation plan below through SWCC. Upon transfer to Marshall University School of Pharmacy, the listed courses will be accepted by Marshall University as meeting the required pre-pharmacy course requirement indicated for that course.
As part of the memorandum of understanding, Marshall University School of Pharmacy agrees to grant automatic interviews to SWCC students who select to transfer to the Pharm. D. program and meet the minimum transfer requirements.
The minimum transfer requirements are:
- Complete online Southwest Admission Application and make sure all required information, including transcripts from other institutions are provided to SWCC Admissions Office;
- Declare a major in Science: Specialization Pre-Medical
- Meet with Georgia Householder to find out course substitutions that will allow students to obtain an Associate of Arts and Sciences Degree. Email: email@example.com, Telephone: 276.964.7397
- Receiving this degree and maintaining a high overall GPA and science GPA will enhance chance for admission to a four-year college or university or professional school
- No PCAT® required
- Application to Marshall University Pharmacy School is through the online Pharmacy College Application Service (PharmCAS, at http://www.pharmcas.org).
- Submission of supplemental application.
- Obtain three strong letters of recommendation.
- Successful completion of an on-campus admissions interview.
- Meet Marshall University School of Pharmacy admission standards Visit https://www.marshall.edu/pharmacy/pharmd/ for details.
- Take a virtual tour of the new MUCOP building https://www.marshall.edu/pharmacy/
There is graduate housing available and a research track for students.
Articulation Plan for Marshall University
|SUMMER SEMESTER YEAR ONE|
|#*CHM 111||Chemistry I||4 credits|
|#*CHM 112||Chemistry II||4 credits|
|MTH 161||Pre-calculus||3 credits|
|Total 11 credits|
|FALL SEMESTER YEAR ONE|
|ENG 111||English Composition I||3 credits|
|#*BIO 101||Biology I||4 credits|
|*CHM 241/243||Organic Chemistry I & lab||4 credits|
|MTH 261||Calculus I||3 credits|
|SDV 101||College Survival Skills||1 credits|
|Total 15 credits|
|SPRING SEMESTER YEAR ONE|
|ENG 112||English Composition II||3 credits|
|#*BIO 102||Biology II||4 credits|
|*CHM 242/244||Organic Chemistry II & lab||4 credits|
|MTH 245||Statistics||3 credits|
|CST 100||Principles of Public Speaking||3 credits|
|Total 17 credits|
|SUMMER SEMESTER YEAR TWO|
|*CHM 260/261||Biochemistry||4 credits|
|ENG 241||Literature||3 credits|
|Total 7 credits|
|FALL SEMESTER YEAR TWO|
|HIS 101 or 121||History 1||3 credits|
|*PHY 201||General College Physics I||4 credits|
|*BIO 141||Anatomy & Physiology I||4 credits|
|Elective||Social Science||3 credits|
|Total 17 credits|
|SPRING SEMESTER YEAR TWO|
|**PHY 202||General College Physics II or approved substitute||4 credits|
|*BIO 142||Anatomy & Physiology II||4 credits|
|*BIO 205||General Microbiology||4 credits|
|HLT 143||Medical Terminology||3 credits|
|Total 15 credits|
TOTAL CREDITS for the Science/Pre-medical Pre-Pharmacy Track for Marshall U. = 82
#CHM 111, 112 or BIO 101, 102 may be taken in Summer Semester Year One.
*These four hour science credit classes consist of three lecture hours and three laboratory hours.
**CHM 260 & 261 may be substituted for PHY 202
Requirements to receive the Associate of Arts and Science Degree Major Science: Specialization in Pre-Medical:
- Math; the student who needs MTH 161 will need 9 hours math, which includes one semester of calculus.
- Social Science electives: ECO, PSY, SOC.
- Humanities electives: ENG, Art Appreciation, Music Appreciation, Foreign Language, REL, PHI.
- Substitutions: HLT 143 is approved for HLT/PED credits.