Workforce Solutions provides:
- customized, cost-effective training solutions for employers
- programs and courses for individuals to train for career entry, career change, or advancement
- short-term training for industry-recognized credentials
- financial assistance to individuals for specified coursework
- FastForward Career Coach services
* Fast track training for high-demand jobs helps the job seeker quickly move into secure, well-paying careers.
* No GED or Pre-requisites are needed for many of the training opportunities we provide.
* Most Workforce students are eligible for financial assistance through grants and other funding sources.
Upcoming Classes for Fall
Jobs requiring the skills training and credentialing provided through these classes are in demand in our region, as well as nationally.
Click on the class name and fill out the interest form to let us know you are interested and want more information.
- DPOR – August 17th
- ServSafe Manager – August 20 and September 17
- Intermediate Workzone Safety – August 29th and 30th
- Carpentry I - Both Day & Evening classes to be offered late September - Dates to be announced.
- Drones - Day classes held Saturdays only from September 7 - 21.
- Masonry - Evening classes will be offered in late September - Dates to be announced.
- Plumbing I - Evening classes will be offered in late September. Dates to be announced.
- OSHA 10 Construction - Offered September 5 & 6 2019.
- CompTIA IT Fundamentals (Date TBD)
- CompTIA A+ (Date TBD)
- Dance Workshops - September 7, October 26, February 22 and March 28.
NCCER Heavy Equipment Operator
Heavy Equipment Operators (HEO) not only work on regular construction building jobs, but also on infrastructure projects (roads, bridges, and ports, otherwise called non-building construction), and in mining and timber operations. Credentials to be earned are : NCCER Core, NCCER Heavy Equipment Operations, First Aid/CPR/AED, OSHA 10, Work Zone Flagger.
Get a head start on your equipment operator career with a 9-week fast track program. See more information and let us know you are interested.
Workforce Solutions offers several pathways for you to gain nationally recognized and vendor neutral cybersecurity credentials, paid for in part through grant funding available for those who qualify.
The CompTIA A+ class/certification training is open for enrollment . See more information and let us know you are interested.
Motorcycle Rider Training
Riding and Street Skills (MRC:RSS) is for the Beginning Rider to learn entry-level skills such as effective turning, braking and obstacle avoidance, plus develop safe street-riding strategies.