Workforce Solutions provides:
- customized, cost-effective training solutions for employers
- programs and courses for individuals to train for career entry, career change, or advancement
- short-term training for industry-recognized credentials
- financial assistance to individuals for specified coursework
- FastForward Career Coach services
* Fast track training for high-demand jobs helps the job seeker quickly move into secure, well-paying careers.
* No GED or Pre-requisites are needed for many of the training opportunities we provide.
* Most Workforce students are eligible for financial assistance through grants and other funding sources.
Upcoming Classes for Fall
Jobs requiring the skills training and credentialing provided through these classes are in demand in our region, as well as nationally.
- ServSafe – November 19, December 17
- Heavy Equipment Operator
- Intermediate Workzone Safety
- OSHA 10 Construction
- First Aid/CPR/AED
- DPOR – December 14
Dates are to be announced for classes below. Note that full scholarships are available to ANYONE who would like to take plumbing classes, with no restrictions.
NCCER Heavy Equipment Operator
Heavy Equipment Operators (HEO) not only work on regular construction building jobs, but also on infrastructure projects (roads, bridges, and ports, otherwise called non-building construction), and in mining and timber operations. Credentials to be earned are : NCCER Core, NCCER Heavy Equipment Operations, First Aid/CPR/AED, OSHA 10, Work Zone Flagger.
Get a head start on your equipment operator career with a 9-week fast track program. See more information and let us know you are interested.
AWS FCAW Flux Core Arc Welding
This training will be offered Saturdays & Sundays, October 19 - December 8, 2019 from 4:30 to 9:30 pm in Davis Hall. Credentials that can be earned: AWS Flux Core Arc Welding - up to 4G
The median pay for welders is $38,136 per year while experienced workers can make up to $52,941 per year.
If you are interested in this class, but want assistance to register or more information, use the Interest form to get started.
Motorcycle Rider Training
Riding and Street Skills (MRC:RSS) is for the Beginning Rider to learn entry-level skills such as effective turning, braking and obstacle avoidance, plus develop safe street-riding strategies.