Face to Face and Online Classes Available Now
Workforce & Continuing Education Provides....
- Customized, cost-effective training solutions for employers
- Programs and courses for individuals to train for career entry, career change, or advancement
- Short-term training for industry-recognized credentials
- Financial assistance to individuals for specified coursework
- FastForward Career Coach services
JUMPSTART INTO A NEW CAREER QUICKLY!
* Our fast track training for high-demand jobs will help place you into secure, well-paying careers.
* No GED or prior training are needed for many of the training opportunities we provide.
* Most Workforce students are eligible for financial assistance through grants and other funding sources.
- New Workforce Training Center Now Open in Southwest Virginia October 15, 2021The Southern Gap Transportation and Logistics Center is located in Buchanan County Pictured: Pictured: Matthew Fields (Dir. Marketing & Tourism, Buchanan County), Tim Hess (Buchanan County Supervisor), Tom Lester (Chief Of Staff for Senator Travis Hackworth), Jay Rife (Chairman, Buchanan County IDA), Dr. Tommy Wright (President, Southwest Virginia Community College), Jonathon Belcher (Executive Dir. VCEDA), […]
- 5-Star Service Hospitality Training September 29, 2021Southwest Virginia Community College’s Workforce and Continuing Education division, in partnership with the Virginia Tourism Corporation and Tazewell County, is hosting a free hospitality training session. “5-Star Service Hospitality Training,” will take place virtually on Monday, October 25, 2021. The goal is to help individuals provide exceptional customer service, increase their value in the […]
- COVID Comeback Workshop for Small Businesses February 19, 2021CEDAR BLUFF, VA – Southwest Virginia Community College and the Small Business Development Center at the college is hosting “COVID Comeback – A Small Business Survival Session.” on Friday, February 26, 2020 from 8am to noon. This valuable event will be held virtually and features free registration thanks to event sponsors, with a limited number […]
- VCCS colleges join with workforce system and public assistance agencies to help laid off coal miners September 11, 2019Our Randall Rose, Dean of Workforce & Continuing Education was quoted in this article posted on the VCCS Blog: