Give back to your community.
Students must contact financial aid BEFORE volunteering for any community service-based scholarships. Contact Financial Aid at 276-964-7724 or email@example.com
This directory listing is a guide to current community service opportunities available for students, faculty, staff, and the general public.
Please contact the organization directly if you would like to volunteer.
- Athletic Center in Knox District – Contact: Lynn Bailey at 276-566-7172.
- Buchanan County Public Library – Contact: Sherry Bright at 276-935-5721.
- Buchanan County Sheriff’s Office – Contact: Sharon Thornsberry at 276-935-2056.
- Building Code Office – Contact: Bart Chambers at 276-935-5872.
- Circuit Court Clerk’s Office – Contact: Bev Tiller at 276-935-6567.
- Buchanan County Administrators Office – Contact: Sandy Stiltner at 276-935-6508.
- Courthouse Maintenance – Contact: Cheryl Bailey at 276-935-6508.
- Council Park – Contact: Evelyn Compton at 276-859-0708.
- Poplar Gap Athletic Field – Contact: Lynn Bailey at 276-935-5725.
- Victim Witness Office – Contact: Marcie Wilson at 276-935-5806.
- Students – Contact Jason Monk for all Russell County R.A.C.E. scholarship volunteer-related activities. firstname.lastname@example.org
Students receiving funding from Tazewell County may volunteer at any 501c3 or government organization located within the county. Please fill out the Tazewell County Community Service form below and return it to financial aid.
- Appalachian Arts & Events Center – Contact: Stacy Brooks at email@example.com
Volunteers are needed for events and various tasks.
- Blackberry Winter – Contact: https://www.blackberrywinter.org/volunteer-form
Volunteers donate their time to help move furniture, unpack boxes, and organize donations.
- Good Samaritan Food Pantry – Contact: 276-963-9197
Volunteers assist with food and/or clothing distributions.
- Historic Crab Orchard Museum’s Corn Maze – Contact: 276-988-6755.
Volunteers to help with the wagon ride, corn maze, parking, and pumpkin chucking activities from September – October.
- The Sanders House – Contact: Gail Cool at firstname.lastname@example.org or 304-922-2760. 200 Sanders Ln. Bluefield, VA.
A non-profit organization that hosts several events and provides historic tours. The space is also used for weddings, family gatherings, parties, etc. to the public.