Announcement of Vacancy
To see position announcements, click on the corresponding position link below.
To apply for a position:
- Click this link to SEARCH JOB POSTINGS
- Under “Agency” scroll through the list of agencies and select “Southwest Virginia Community College” (leave all other selections set to the default settings)
- Click “Search.”, select the job you are interested in and follow the instructions on that web page to apply
Note: If the link in step one above does not return a search page, you can navigate to the site directly by going to jobs.virginia.gov and selecting the State Jobs Listing link to search for postings
- All applications must be submitted online at the Virginia Jobs website. Please take time to complete your application thoroughly. It is the primary tool used to evaluate your qualifications for the position.
- Applications are active only during the recruitment for the position(s) for which you apply. New applications will be required in order for you to be considered for future job openings; a new application must be completed specifically for the job for which you are applying.
- Applications that are received after the closing date will not be processed.
- The Human Resources Office will contact applicants chosen for interviews within a few weeks after the closing date listed on the vacancy announcement. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for available positions, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
E-Verify Notice: After accepting employment, new hires are required to complete an I-9 form and present documentation of their identity and eligibility to work in the United States. Southwest Virginia Community College will confirm identity and work authorization using the E-Verify system effective June 1, 2011.
For additional information on the Employment process, please contact the Human Resources Office at 276/964-7389
Office location: Tazewell Hall, Second Floor
Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Questions can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org