Transfer Credits from SWCC
Complete the first half of a bachelor’s degree here, and transfer your credits to a four-year university.
SWCC offers the Associate of Arts & Sciences degree in Business Administration, Education, Engineering, General Studies, & Science, in addition to several specialization areas.
Southwest Virginia Community College makes it convenient and easy for you to transfer credits to almost any bachelor’s degree program you desire.
We’ll help you plan ahead so your credits transfer smoothly to the four-year school of your choice. You can transfer up to 60 credits from SWCC—half the total you need for a bachelor’s degree.
Why do so many students choose to start at Southwest Virginia Community College before transferring into a bachelor’s degree program?
* You’ll earn high-quality transfer credits that are widely accepted. As an accredited community college, Southwest Virginia meets the same academic standards as four-year schools.
* You’ll get personalized advising and support. Your assigned academic adviser will help you map out the courses you’ll need to take before transferring. We’ll also help you contact the transfer school you wish to attend, guide you through the paperwork, and help you make financial plans.
* You’ll earn credits affordably and conveniently. SWCC charges lower tuition and fees than most four-year schools. And by staying close to home while you earn your first two years’ worth of credits, you can save on housing, meals and other expenses.
* You’ll get direct attention and support from our faculty. Our instructors devote all their time to students. They’re not distracted by big research projects, publications, grant-writing, or other initiatives. You’ll attend small classes taught by senior faculty who care about your success, and you’ll never have to compete for their attention
Guaranteed Admission Agreements Make It Easy to Transfer Credits
Under SWCC’s Guaranteed Admission Agreements, you can easily transfer community college credits to a four-year school as long as you maintain a minimum grade-point average.
The Virginia Community College System (VCCS) maintains system-wide credit transfer agreements that are available to students at all VCCS community colleges, including Southwest Virginia Community College.
Each of our associate degrees incorporate universal courses required during the first two years of a four year degree, specific courses for a major, and a number of free electives.
With the AA&S Degree, the SWCC graduate should transfer with junior status to the majority of senior institutions.
Transfer College Resources
- Bluefield State College
- East Tennessee State University
SWCC – ETSU Course Equivalencies
- Emory & Henry College –
SWCC – E&H Course Equivalencies
E & H Transfer Website
- Hollins University –
- James Madison University
SWCC – JMU Course Equivalencies
- King College –
SWCC-King Course Equivalencies
- Longwood University
- Norfolk State University
- Old Dominion University –
SWCC -ODU Course Equivalencies
- Radford University –
SWCC – RU Course Equivalencies
- Roanoke College
- University of Virginia
SWCC-UVA Course Equivalencies
University of Virginia School of Nursing
- University of Virginia College at Wise –
SWCC – UVA Wise Course Equivalencies
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- Virginia Tech
SWCC-VT Course Equivalencies
Virginia Tech — Engineering
- Western Governors University
If you are interested in the medical field, SWCC has a robust pre-med program and agreements with 4 year schools such as Appalachian College of Pharmacy, Virginia Commonwealth University and the University of Pikeville Kentucky College of Optometry. Learn more at the Science-Math Department website.
How to Request an Official SWCC Transcript
1. Login to MYSouthwest and select SIS
2. Select Request Official Transcript and submit your information with a complete mailing address.
3. Please allow 5 working days for processing of request. May include additional time at advance registration.
There is no charge for the transcript.
If you want to view your unofficial transcript from all terms, follow the steps below.
LOGIN to MYSouthwest >Select Student Information System >Click on Self Service> Click on Academic Records >Click on View Unofficial Transcript >Select the Institution >Select the report type >Unofficial Transcript >Click on GO
Your full unofficial transcript will display to view/print.
Transferring TO Southwest Virginia Community College
If you are transferring college credits TO Southwest for program graduation purposes, please have your previous school send your official transcript in a sealed envelope to:
ADMISSIONS OFFICE, PO Box SVCC. Richlands, VA 24641 Fax:276.964.7716
The College Catalog contains information on Alternative Ways to Earn College Credit at Southwest.