Transfer Credits from SWCC
Complete the first half of a bachelor’s degree here, and transfer your credits to a four-year university.
SWCC offers the Associate of Arts & Sciences degree in Business Administration, Education, Engineering, General Studies, & Science, in addition to several specialization areas.
Southwest Virginia Community College makes it convenient and easy for you to transfer credits to almost any bachelor’s degree program you desire.
VIRTUAL TRANSFER EVENTS
Community College to PharmD: A Pathway to Pharmacy
Join in the discussion to learn everything you need to know about applying to the College of Pharmacy and the rewarding career it offers.
Hosted by: Appalachian College of Pharmacy, November 5, 2020, 7:00 – 8:00 PM
Join via Zooom
Transfer Tuesdays – Virginia Tech
(2:30-3:30) – Virtual Transfer Advising Session with Jarrid Dulaney, VT Assistant Director, Transfer Liaison and Hokie Corner Coordinator, Office of Undergraduate Admissions –
Zoom Link (session access): https://virginiatech.zoom.us/j/93542065704
Virginia Tech CALS Transfer Q&A | October 27, 3-4 pm
Learn about the various science majors in CALS REGISTER NOW
King University Transfer Advising Virtual Sessions
Questions about transferring to King? Online sessions will be held via Zoom each week on the following schedule:
- Tuesdays – 2 – 4 pm
- Thursdays 9-11 am
For link access visit:
Transfer Tuesdays – Radford University
A representative will meet with prospective Southwest Virginia Community College students as a part of the Transfer Tuesday event throughout the semester. This hour-long session will include an information session and opportunities for you to ask any admissions questions you may have.
Students can register for this event at https://slate.to/gq174QcH
Morehead State University Transfer Visit Day
(First Friday of the month except in January and July)
Tracey S Counts 606-487-3179
In-state tuition offered for online programs
Radford University Carillon
Virtual visit and speak to an admissions counselor
Rebecca Grubb 540-985-9947
Virtual Hokie Corner | Through Virtual Hokie Corner, students will be able to “meet” with representatives from the Office of Admissions and Academic Advising to get their questions answered and receive customized support on all things transfer.
Appointments are conducted through Zoom, and meetings can be joined from any computer, tablet, or phone through this easy access Virtual Hokie Corner@VCCS URL.
Why do so many students choose to start at Southwest Virginia Community College before transferring into a bachelor’s degree program?
- You’ll earn high-quality transfer credits that are widely accepted. As an accredited community college, Southwest Virginia meets the same academic standards as four-year schools.
- You’ll get personalized advising and support. Your assigned academic adviser will help you map out the courses you’ll need to take before transferring. We’ll also help you contact the transfer school you wish to attend, guide you through the paperwork, and help you make financial plans.
- You’ll earn credits affordably and conveniently. SWCC charges lower tuition and fees than most four-year schools. And by staying close to home while you earn your first two years’ worth of credits, you can save on housing, meals and other expenses.
- You’ll get direct attention and support from our faculty. Our instructors devote all their time to students. They’re not distracted by big research projects, publications, grant-writing, or other initiatives. You’ll attend small classes taught by senior faculty who care about your success, and you’ll never have to compete for their attention
- Guaranteed Admission Agreements Make It Easy to Transfer Credits. Under SWCC’s Guaranteed Admission Agreements, you can easily transfer community college credits to a four-year school as long as you maintain a minimum grade-point average.
The Virginia Community College System (VCCS) maintains system-wide credit transfer agreements that are available to students at all VCCS community colleges, including Southwest Virginia Community College.
Each of our associate degrees incorporate universal courses required during the first two years of a four year degree, specific courses for a major, and a number of free electives.
With the AA&S Degree, the SWCC graduate should transfer with junior status to the majority of senior institutions.
Hollins University –
Old Dominion University –
ODU Articulation Agreements
- AAS Administration of Justice with General Education Courses to ODU Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- AAS Emergency Medical Services Technology with General Education Courses to Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences, Health Services Administration Professional
- AAS Human Services, Specialization: Gerontology with General Education Courses to Bachelor of Science in Human Services
- AAS Human Services, Specialization: Mental Health with General Education Courses to Bachelor of Science in Human Services
- AAS Business Management with General Education Courses to Bachelor of Science in Occupational and Technical Studies, Training Specialist Emphasis
- AAS Occupational Therapy Assistant with General Education Courses to Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences, Health Services Administration Professional
Virginia Commonwealth University
If you are interested in the medical field, SWCC has a robust pre-med program and agreements with 4 year schools such as Appalachian College of Pharmacy, Virginia Commonwealth University and the University of Pikeville Kentucky College of Optometry. Learn more at the Science-Math Department website.
Transferring TO Southwest Virginia Community College
If you are transferring college credits TO Southwest for program graduation purposes, please have your previous school send your official transcript in a sealed envelope to:
ADMISSIONS OFFICE, PO Box SVCC. Richlands, VA 24641 Fax:276.964.7716
The College Catalog contains information on Alternative Ways to Earn College Credit at Southwest. Visut
How to Request an Official SWCC Transcript
An official Southwest Virginia Community College transcript may be requested in any of the following ways:
- Send a written request to: Southwest Virginia Community College, Admissions Office, PO Box 1101, Richlands, VA 24641
- Fax a request to 276.963.3450
- Request online via the Student Information System – MYSouthwest (to have online access you must have an active SWCC admission application on file)
- Login to MYSouthwest and select SIS.
- Under Academic Records section select Request Official Transcript and submit your information with a complete mailing address to deliver your transcript.
- Please allow 5 working days for processing of request. May include additional time during advance registration periods.
- The option for you to VIEW your Unofficial Transcript is also available in SIS/Academic Records/ View Unofficial Transcript.
- In person at the Admissions Office – Dellinger Hall Room 220 (must have photo ID with you)
Mail or Fax requests: please include your name, student emplid or social security number, where the transcript should be mailed and your signature. Since your signature is required, we cannot accept email request for transcripts unless you are able to sign the request and email it as an attachment. Transcripts are provided free of charge.