Complete the first half of a bachelor’s degree here, and transfer your credits to a four-year university.
SWCC offers the Associate of Arts & Sciences degree in Business Administration, Education, Engineering, General Studies, & Science, in addition to several specialization areas.
Your Credits. Your Degree. Your Move.
Transfer Virginia (transfervirginia.org )is an initiative to provide transparency and access throughout the college transfer process. You can research, plan and organize your transfer journey using the information and resources available within this portal from Virginia’s institutions. The information in this portal is updated twice a year.
Southwest Virginia Community College makes it convenient and easy for you to transfer credits to almost any bachelor’s degree program you desire.
We have Guaranteed Admission agreements with more than 30 colleges and universities in Virginia, so your credits transfer easily. Most private and out-of-state colleges accept our transfer credits, too, so you can continue your education almost anywhere.
Transfer Representatives from many institutions hold transfer information events on Southwest’s Campus, and virtually through ZOOM sessions, as well as maintain sites dedicated to assisting you with your transfer objectives.
Out-of-State Schools Transfer Information
- Berea College
- Carson-Newman University
- Concord University
- East Tennessee State University
- Fairmont State University
- Lindsey Wilson College
- Morehead State University
- University of South Carolina Beaufort
Out-of-State Transfer Agreements
- University of Kentucky/Pikeville School of Optometry
- Marshall University School of Pharmacy
- ETSU Bill Gatton College of Pharmacy
- East Tennessee State University (BSN and Allied Health Leadership)
Why do so many students choose to start at Southwest Virginia Community College before transferring into a bachelor’s degree program?
- You’ll earn high-quality transfer credits that are widely accepted. As an accredited community college, Southwest Virginia meets the same academic standards as four-year schools.
- You’ll get personalized advising and support. Your assigned academic adviser will help you map out the courses you’ll need to take before transferring. We’ll also help you contact the transfer school you wish to attend, guide you through the paperwork, and help you make financial plans.
- You’ll earn credits affordably and conveniently. SWCC charges lower tuition and fees than most four-year schools. And by staying close to home while you earn your first two years’ worth of credits, you can save on housing, meals, and other expenses.
- You’ll get direct attention and support from our faculty. Our instructors devote all their time to students. They’re not distracted by big research projects, publications, grant writing, or other initiatives. You’ll attend small classes taught by senior faculty who care about your success, and you’ll never have to compete for their attention
- Guaranteed Admission Agreements Make It Easy to Transfer Credits. Under SWCC’s Guaranteed Admission Agreements, you can easily transfer community college credits to a four-year school as long as you maintain a minimum grade-point average.
Contact Dr. Susie Mullins, Chief Transfer Officer, to get started at SWCC, so you can work on a credit transfer plan that’s right for you. Call 276.964.7231, or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Request an Official SWCC Transcript
A Southwest Virginia Community College transcript may ONLY be requested through the Parchment Transcript Request Service
If you want to view your unofficial transcript from all terms, follow the steps below.
- LOGIN to MySouthwest
- Select Student Information System
- Click on Self Service
- Click on Academic Records
- Click on View Unofficial Transcript
- Select the Institution
- Select the report type
- Unofficial Transcript
- Click on GO
Your full unofficial transcript will display to view/print.
Transferring TO Southwest Virginia Community College
If you are transferring college credits TO Southwest for program graduation purposes, please have your previous school send your official transcript in a sealed envelope to:
ADMISSIONS OFFICE, PO Box 1101. Richlands, VA 24641 Fax:276.964.7716