Who is eligible?
Individuals ages 17-24 who are aging out of the foster care system.
What services are provided?
A Great Expectations Counselor works directly with the participants throughout their time at SWCC. in the following ways:
- Help applying for college admission and financial aid
- Personalized counseling
- Career exploration and coaching
- Networking with student and adult mentors
- Accessing life skills training, including managing finances
- Accessing individualized tutoring
- Accessing an internet-based resource center,
- Accessing funding to assiste with emergencies, fuel, food and job shadowing costs
Do you know someone who has been in foster care or kinship care?
Would you like to refer someone to the Great Expectations program? If so, please contact Dyan Lester in Buchanan Hall, room 151 at 276.964.7677 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Great Expectations Referral Form
- Community Resource Guide:
Contact information for local and national resources
Resource Guide – Great Expectations
- VCCS Great Expectations:
- Project LIFE:
- VDSS Services for Older Youth & Independent Living:
- Faces of Virginia Families:
- Foster Club: