We will host the 2023 Commencement Ceremony in the Charles R. King Community Center gymnasium.
Friday, May 12, 2023 at 6:00 PM.
Gymnasium Opens for Guests at 4:00 PM.
Graduates Report to the Auditorium by 5:00 PM.
Parking & Campus Map
Campus Police and on-campus signage will guide you to the appropriate parking lot. Please refer to our Campus Map to navigate from the various parking lots to the King Community Center.
GradImages will be at the Commencement Ceremony taking professional photographs. Learn more
The ceremony will be streamed live from these links:
Alumni After Party
The alumni after-party will be held in the quad, between Buchanan and Tazewell Halls, immediately following graduation.
Free food, live music, bonfire, free alumni swag, and door prizes including an Apple iPad & Apple Pencil, TV, appliances, gift cards & more!
GradImages will be at the Commencement Ceremony taking professional photographs. Proofs will be sent to you after graduation. Pictures can be ordered online, by phone, or by mail. GradImages can be contacted at 800-261-2576 or via email at www.gradimages.com. Graduates must contact GradImages directly with any questions or issues pertaining to commencement photos.
Details for Students
Please follow the guidelines for preparation for graduation, and complete the Graduation Application linked below.
Also, remember to complete the Graduation Survey. We value your feedback from your time at Southwest.
To prepare for graduation:
- Make sure that any financial obligations you have to the college are resolved, and all library materials are returned.*
- Have your program advisor check to ensure you have completed all program requirements.
- Verify your SIS mailing address is correct. Your diploma will be mailed to you within 45 days of the graduation date to the address you have listed in the student information system (MYSouthwest) as your permanent address.*
- See the Student Handbook for more information on graduation requirements and Graduation Honors awarded.
* You can find this information in your Student Center by logging into MYSouthwest (https://sw.my.vccs.edu ) and clicking the Student Information System (SIS) block.
Complete the Graduation Application
The admissions staff use this application to determine if you have completed the eligible requirements to graduate.
Complete the Graduation Feedback Survey
Your feedback to us about our service to you while you were a Southwest student is invaluable to us in providing excellent service to our students.