Preparing for Graduation
Please follow the guidelines for preparation for graduation, and complete the Graduation Application linked below.
Also remember to complete the Graduation Survey. We value your feedback from your time at Southwest.
To prepare for graduation:
- Make sure that any financial obligations you have to the college are resolved, and all library materials are returned.*
- Have your program advisor check to ensure you have completed all program requirements.
- Verify your SIS mailing address is correct. Your diploma will be mailed to you within 45 days of the graduation date to the address you have listed in the student information system (MYSouthwest) as your permanent address.*
- See the Student Handbook for more information on graduation requirements and Graduation Honors awarded.
* You can find this information in your Student Center by logging into MYSouthwest (https://sw.my.vccs.edu ) and clicking the Student Information System (SIS) block.
Complete the Graduation Application
The admissions staff use this application to determine if you have completed the eligible requirements to graduate.
Complete the Graduation Feedback Survey
Your feedback to us about our service to you while you were a Southwest student is invaluable to us in providing excellent service to our students.
May 2020, December 2020, and May 2021 graduates are invited to schedule an on-campus photo session wearing your cap and gown. Photo sessions will be socially distanced and include an alumni gift!
May 2020, December 2020, and May 2021 graduates will be celebrated during virtual commencement ceremonies on May 28, 2021. The two ceremonies will be streamed live on our Commencement page and will be saved for future viewing.