Student Emergency Fund
SWCC student emergency funding is dedicated to helping students with temporary, short-term financial assistance. Emergency funding is not intended to provide ongoing relief of recurring/routine expenses or as a consistent supplement for educational expenses.
Consideration will only be given to applicants that have experienced financial hardship due to unforeseen emergency and/or catastrophic event.
The following examples may include, but are not limited to:
- Natural disaster such as fire, tornado, etc.
- Uncovered costs related to unexpected/unforeseen medical expenses
- Assistance with rent or utilities due to an emergency situation
- Books, fees, or other school-related expenses
To be eligible for consideration a student must:
- Be currently enrolled in the semester for which they are requesting assistance
- Be enrolled at least half-time (6 credit hours)
- Have at least a 2.0 GPA and be in good standing
- Have already completed at least 6 credit hours at SWCC
- Have two SWCC Faculty/Staff recommendations
- Be able to provide sufficient documentation of financial hardship
The Student Emergency Fund will award up to a maximum of $250 per student, per academic semester and not more than twice per academic year. Funds awarded through the SWCC Student Emergency Fund are not loans, and do not require repayment to SWCC.
1. Student must complete the Student Emergency Fund Assistance Application
- Student must fill out the Student Information and Student Financial Information sections
- The recommendation sections are to be completed by an SWCC Faculty member, SWCC Counselor, or other SWCC representative. (2 recommendations are required)
2. Student must turn in completed application to the SWCC Educational Foundation office located in the King Community Center, room 111. (Application may also be scanned and emailed to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org)
3. The assistance application will be sent to committee for review. *The committee will make every effort to review and respond to the request within 5 business days from the date the application is received by the Educational Foundation.
4. Student will be notified via their SWCC student email of the committee’s decision, as well as instructions on how to retrieve funds, if request is approved.
5. Assistance will be provided in the form of a check as direct payment to a service provider, retailer, etc. A check made directly to a student is possible, but only under special circumstance and left to the discretion of the committee.
6. Student must retrieve funds within 2 business days of approval notification.
Resource Guide – Great Expectations
Student Emergency Fund
Updated May 1 2017