Scholarships at Southwest Virginia Community College
The Scholarship application is available to apply for Fall 2018 – Spring 2019 Foundation scholarships. The deadline to apply is set for March 31st, 2018.
SGA President Kenna Adkins speaks about the importance of scholarships to her ability to attend and fully participate in college.
How to apply for Foundation Scholarships
Unless otherwise indicated, applicants must have a minimum, of a 2.5 GPA (C) and enroll as a full-time student (min. 12 credit hours).
*Scholarship numbers and amounts may change depending on funding*
Please follow the steps outlined below to apply for SWCC Educational Foundation scholarships:
1. Before applying for scholarships:
· You must apply for admission to SWCC before applying for foundation scholarships – you will need your SWCC email address to login and complete the scholarship application. You will need to wait 1 to 2 days after you complete the Admission Application before you can login to the Scholarship Application site. (you can apply here: http://apply.vccs.edu) Please note: Make sure SWCC has received your official transcripts from all high schools, colleges, and universities attended (if you are a returning student, you do not need to send them again).
· Complete the FAFSA application (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) online at https://fafsa.ed.gov/ (SWCC’s code – 007260)
2. When you are ready to apply for scholarships:
· You will need to select “set your password” the first time you visit. Use your SWCC email address & new password to login.
· Now you’re all set to apply!
*Please note: If you have previously setup an account with award spring you will use the same information to log in again this year.
3. After you have submitted your application:
· Once you have finished the application, please check your dashboard and make sure there are not any follow up items you need to complete for specific scholarships.
· Please note: You only need to fill out the application once. You will see a listing of “Applied Scholarships” on your dashboard…these are the scholarships that you may qualify for, and have been applied to.
*Scholarship numbers and amounts are contingent on funding.
· Check your SWCC email account & your Award Spring account often to make sure we have not contacted you for any additional information.
- If for some reason you need to stop at any point during the application process, you can save your work and come back later.
- When completing your essay, you may copy from a program such as Microsoft Word and paste it into your application…this will help you keep a check on your word count.
- If you are asked to upload a document for a specific application, but are unsure of how to do that, consider asking your parents, a high school guidance counselor, a friend, or someone here on campus to help you with this.
Blankenship-Justus-Scholarship-Application– Must be postmarked by April 30, 2018
QUESTIONS? Contact Susan Lowe, Office Telephone: 276.964.7304, K-209
Email Address: Susan.Lowe@sw.edu
Mailing Address: ATTN: Susan Lowe, SWCC Educational Foundation, Inc., Southwest Virginia Community College, PO Box SVCC, Richlands, Virginia 24641-1101
Additional Contact: Stacey McGhee, 276.964.7351, K-209, firstname.lastname@example.org
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT
Southwest Virginia Community College does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status; or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees, or applicants; or any other basis protected by law.
The college is subject to Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended; the Age Discrimination in Employment Act; the Equal Pay Act; the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974; Federal Executive Order 11246; Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008 (GINA); Virginia’s State Executive Order Number Two; and all other applicable rules and regulations.