Scholarships at Southwest Virginia Community College
The SWCC Educational Foundation scholarship application is open.
The deadline for 2017 high school graduates and returning students to apply for Fall 2017 – Spring 2018 Foundation scholarships is March 31, 2017.
How to apply for Foundation Scholarships
Unless otherwise indicated, applicants must have a minimum, of a 2.5 GPA (C) and enroll as a full-time student (min. 12 credit hours).
*Scholarship numbers and amounts may change depending on funding*
Please follow the steps outlined below to apply for SWCC Educational Foundation scholarships:
1. Before applying for scholarships:
· You must apply for admission to SWCC before applying for foundation scholarships – you will need your SWCC email address to login and complete the scholarship application. (you can apply here: http://apply.vccs.edu) Please note: Make sure SWCC has received your official transcripts from all high schools, colleges, and universities attended (if you are a returning student, you do not need to send them again).
· Complete the FAFSA application (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) online at https://fafsa.ed.gov/ (SWCC’s code – 007260)
2. When you are ready to apply for scholarships:
· You will need to select “set your password” the first time you visit. Use your SWCC email address & new password to login.
· Now you’re all set to apply!
*Please note: If you have previously setup an account with award spring you will use the same information to log in again this year.
3. After you have submitted your application:
· Once you have finished the application, please check your dashboard and make sure there are not any follow up items you need to complete for specific scholarships.
· Please note: You only need to fill out the application once. You will see a listing of “Applied Scholarships” on your dashboard…these are the scholarships that you may qualify for, and have been applied to.
*Scholarship numbers and amounts are contingent on funding.
· Check your SWCC email account & your Award Spring account often to make sure we have not contacted you for any additional information.
- If for some reason you need to stop at any point during the application process, you can save your work and come back later.
- When completing your essay, you may copy from a program such as Microsoft Word and paste it into your application…this will help you keep a check on your word count.
- If you are asked to upload a document for a specific application, but are unsure of how to do that, consider asking your parents, a high school guidance counselor, a friend, or someone here on campus to help you with this.
Blankenship-Justus Scholarship Application – Deadline is April 30th 2017
Columbus Phipps FoundationApplication – Deadline is May 15, 2017
Health Focus of SWVA Application – Deadline is May 15, 2017 (Must be postmarked by May 15, 2017)
QUESTIONS? Contact Susan Lowe, Office Telephone: 276.964.7304, K-209
Email Address: Susan.Lowe@sw.edu
Mailing Address: ATTN: Susan Lowe, SWCC Educational Foundation, Inc., Southwest Virginia Community College, PO Box SVCC, Richlands, Virginia 24641-1101
Additional Contact: Stacey McGhee, 276.964.7351, K-209, firstname.lastname@example.org