Scholarships at Southwest Virginia Community College
The SWCC Educational Foundation scholarship application is CLOSED.
The deadline for 2016 high school graduates and returning students to apply for Fall 2016 – Spring 2017 Foundation scholarships was March 31, 2016. The following external scholarships are still available until the due date listed listed for each.
The Columbus Phipps application must be received by May 15, 2016
Applications must be sent to:
The Columbus Phipps Foundation
P.O. Box 1145
Clintwood, VA 24228
How to apply for Foundation Scholarships
Unless otherwise indicated, applicants must have a minimum, of a 2.5 GPA (C) and enroll as a full-time student (min. 12 credit hours).
*Scholarship numbers and amounts may change depending on funding*
Please follow the steps outlined below to apply for SWCC Educational Foundation scholarships:
1. Before applying for scholarships:
· You must apply for admission to SWCC before applying for foundation scholarships – you will need your SWCC email address to login and complete the scholarship application. (you can apply here: http://apply.vccs.edu) Please note: Make sure SWCC has received your official transcripts from all high schools, colleges, and universities attended (if you are a returning student, you do not need to send them again).
· Complete the FAFSA application (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) online at https://fafsa.ed.gov/ (SWCC’s code – 007260)
2. When you are ready to apply for scholarships:
· You will need to select “set your password” the first time you visit. Use your SWCC email address & new password to login.
· Now you’re all set to apply!
**Please note: If you are a high school senior who has completed more than 30 credit hours through dual enrollment at SWCC, then you are also considered a returning student…please select “returning” as your academic status on the application.
3. After you have submitted your application:
· Once you have finished the application, please check your dashboard and make sure there are not any follow up items you need to complete for specific scholarships.
· Please note: You only need to fill out the application once. You will see a listing of “Applied Scholarships” on your dashboard…these are the scholarships that you may qualify for, and have been applied to.
*Scholarship numbers and amounts are contingent on funding.
· Check your SWCC email account & your Award Spring account often to make sure we have not contacted you for any additional information.
- If for some reason you need to stop at any point during the application process, you can save your work and come back later.
- When completing your essay, you may copy from a program such as Microsoft Word and paste it into your application…this will help you keep a check on your word count.
- If you are asked to upload a document for a specific application, but are unsure of how to do that, consider asking your parents, a high school guidance counselor, a friend, or someone here on campus to help you with this.
QUESTIONS? Contact Susan Lowe, Office Telephone: 276.964.7304, K-209
Email Address: Susan.Lowe@sw.edu
Mailing Address: ATTN: Susan Lowe, SWCC Educational Foundation, Inc., Southwest Virginia Community College, PO Box SVCC, Richlands, Virginia 24641-1101
Additional Contact: Stacey McGhee, 276.964.7351, K-209, email@example.com