4 Step Admission Process
Welcome to Southwest! We’re glad you’ve chosen to continue your education with SWCC, one of the 23 colleges in the Virginia Community College System (VCCS).
Step 1- Complete the college web application.
- There is no application fee and you are automatically accepted when you submit your application.
- Your UserName and EMPLID along with your default password for use in Class Registration and other activities will be assigned when you submit the application. You must change your default password during your first login to your account. Go to MySouthwest Help to learn about the rules for creating a secure password and activating your student accounts.
Before enrolling full time in your first college level English and/or Math course, you must take assessment tests prior to registration.
Step 3 – Register
You can enroll for classes at any time through MYSouthwest . However, please be aware of the following:
- All new students are required to meet with an academic adviser before registering.
- Students are required to take a Student Development class within their first 15 credits.
- You have a lifetime limit on the number of college credits that can be paid for using Federal Financial Aid. If you are unsure about whether or not a class is beneficial for your degree goals, ASK someone.
Step 4 – Pay tuition and fees.
See the tuition and fee information.Contact Us Now
Registration is not complete until your tuition is paid in full.
- If you are a Financial Aid recipient and your award has been made, your tuition will be charged to your Financial Aid account.
- If you do not have Financial Aid, click here to learn about payment methods that are available to you.