School of the Arts Events
- Serves students and the surrounding community to provide music education and cultural enrichment and experiences
- Offers an Associate of Arts degree with a Music Specialization and an additional Advanced Studies Certificate in Music
- Classes include music theory, music history, music appreciation, class piano, voice, piano and instrumental lessons, classic rock and country guitar, and jazz improvisation.
- Ensembles include the SWCC Community Chorus, SWCC Jazz Vocal Ensemble, SWCC Jazz Ensemble, and Southwest Virginia Children's Choir.
- Successful events include SWCC Band Day, Jazz-America’s Music program, and Chamber Music Institute.
At SWCC let your love of food become a career in the hospitality industry through hands-on immersive training in one of the largest industries in the world.
Be a part of this exciting new program at SWCC!
- ACF, American Culinary Federation, Certifications (CC, certified culinarian & CPC, Certified Pastry Culinarian)
- Certifications through the St. Louis BBQ Association, ServSafe & AMSA, American Meat Science Association, Meat Fabrication Certification
- Guest Chef lectures and demonstrations by leaders in the field
- Weekend Workshops (non-credit) Baking & Pastry, Basic Meat/Seafood Fabrication, Bartending, Cake decorating, Pasta Making, Wine appreciation.
- Brand new Culinary Center in the historic Cedar Bluff Mill
- Opportunities for all ages and skill levels
- Saturday Workshop Series - 8 Saturdays focused on technique development
- Candy Cane Gala - collaborative event with area dance schools featuring Christmas dance routines
- Summer Dance Camp
- Credit classes in Drawing, Painting, Printmaking, Ceramics, and Brick-Carving
- Non-Credit classes with Visiting Artists
- Community Outreach with local schools and arts organizations
- Ellen Von Dehsen Elmes Gallery in the Charles R. King Community Center
- Appalachian Arts Center - High quality gallery featuring artists within 100 miles of SWCC
- Recently Renovated Art Lab, Craft Lab, and new Brick Lab
- MAD Camp - Summer Camp for 3rd-7th Graders in Music, Art, and Drama
- Collaborations with local high school drama programs
- Traditional Music and Local History
- CART collaborative events
Get More Information
The Festival of the Arts
The Festival of the Arts will celebrate the arts with the theme Spotlight on the Visionaries: Throughout Time, Around the World.
A complete schedule of festival performances and events can be found at the Festival of the Arts website.
Appalachian Arts & Events Center
The center showcases local artisans and provides opportunity for residents to shop locally for beautiful and unique artworks to enjoy and share.
For more information contact Morgan Gilbert, Instructor of Art | Director, School of the Arts, 276.964.7216, email@example.com