Complete a nursing certificate that prepares you for the LPN licensure exam.
Southwest Virginia Community College’s Certificate in Practical Nursing offers the training and support you need to earn a license as a practical nurse.
You can complete this nursing certificate in just four semesters, developing the knowledge and skills to pass the LPN licensure exam and enter the work force as a health care professional.
Designed for students who are new to nursing, our nursing certificate program provides a supportive learning environment that combines classroom instruction with hands-on training. You’ll work with experienced nursing instructors who will take a personal interest in your education and help you meet the challenges that new nurses often face.
Earn your LPN nursing certificate at Southwest Virginia Community College if you want to:
- Get personalized instruction from experienced nursing faculty.
- Take classes on a friendly campus that’s low on hassles and high on face-to-face relationships.
- Learn from seasoned nursing faculty who have many years of professional experience.
- Belong to a community of students and faculty who support one another.
- Gain hands-on practice in supervised environments where you can develop your nursing skills.
- Receive excellent preparation for the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nursing (NCLEX-PN). Since 2006, a majority of our students have passed the NCLEX-PN on their first attempt.
Earn a Nursing Certificate from an Accredited College With a Strong Workforce Development Record
Southwest Virginia Community College’s licensed practical nursing program meets the highest professional standards. Our program is sanctioned by the Virginia State Board of Nursing. The Practical Nursing Program is approved by the Virginia State Board of Nursing, however is not accredited by a nursing education accrediting body.
Once you’ve earned your practical nursing certificate and passed the NCLEX-PN, you’ll have a wide range of job opportunities. LPNs work in many types of settings, and demand is increasing. For 2015 graduates the self-reported job placement rate was 100%. You’ll find opportunities with employers such as:
- Nursing homes
- Medical clinics
- Doctors’ offices
- Schools and child care centers
- Public health agencies
- In-home health care services