Employment - Announcement of Vacancy
Part-time/Adjunct Coaching Positions
Assistant Coach - Soccer Programs
Assistant Coach - Tennis (Adjunct)
Assistant Coach - Men's Court Volleyball
Assistant Coach - Half Marathon
Assistant Coach - Women's Wrestling
Assistant Coach - Men's Wrestling
PT Assistant to Foundation Business Manager
PT Upward Bound Teaching Assistant
PT Assistant to the School of the Arts
PT Mathematics Adjunct Instructor
PT Culinary Arts Adjunct Instructor
PT Heavy Equipment Operator Adjunct Instructor
PT Registered Nursing Clinical Adjunct Faculty
PT Radiology Clinical Instructors
PT Registered Nursing Clinical Instructor
PT Practical Nursing Clinical Instructors
To apply for a position:
- Go to the job notice page by clicking on the link for the job and click on the Apply for this Job link OR
- go to the VCCS Jobs website at https://jobs.vccs.edu and in the large search box select the institution where you want to search for jobs, click "Search.", select the job you are interested in and follow the instructions on that web page to apply
Note: If the link in step one above does not return a job posting page, you can navigate to the site directly by going to https://jobs.vccs.edu and selecting the Search Jobs menu link to search for postings.
- All applications must be submitted online at the Virginia Jobs website. Please take time to complete your application thoroughly. It is the primary tool used to evaluate your qualifications for the position.
- Applications are active only during the recruitment for the position(s) for which you apply. New applications will be required in order for you to be considered for future job openings; a new application must be completed specifically for the job for which you are applying.
- Applications that are received after the closing date will not be processed.
- The Human Resources Office will contact applicants chosen for interviews within a few weeks after the closing date listed on the vacancy announcement. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for available positions, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
After accepting employment, new hires are required to complete an I-9 form and present documentation of their identity and eligibility to work in the United States. Southwest Virginia Community College will confirm identity and work authorization using the E-Verify system effective June 1, 2011.
For additional information on the Employment process, please contact the Human Resources Office at 276/964-7389
Office location: Tazewell Hall, Third Floor
Hours: 7:45 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Questions can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Diversity & Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement
SOUTHWEST VIRGINIA COMMUNITY COLLEGE is dedicated to the belief that every individual should be provided the continuing opportunity to increase his/her awareness of his/her role and responsibility in society.
By virtue of this philosophy, the College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, political affiliation, veteran status, or disability when the person is otherwise qualified in its educational programs and activities or employment. The College complies with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as amended, Title 29 Labor, Chapter XIV Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Part 1608, the Civil Rights Act of 1991, and other applicable federal and state laws. The College also complies with the uniformed Services Employment & Re-employment Rights Act. Further, the College is committed to complying with the Governor’s Executive Order Number One (2014) as declared by Governor Terence R. McAuliffe.
This policy shall be followed for recruitment, selection, promotion, transfer, demotion, role changes, compensation, benefits, layoff, training programs, accessibility and job accommodation without regard to the individual’s status protected by law. The College will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities whenever the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform all essential functions of the position. Any person employed by Southwest Virginia Community College who fails to comply with this policy will be subject to disciplinary action.
Southwest Virginia Community College is committed to Diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Institution.
Southwest Virginia Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ancestry, HIV/AIDS status, political affiliation, genetics, veteran status, or disability when the person is otherwise qualified in its educational programs, activities, employment and admission. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the Affirmative Action Plan: Cathy Smith-Cox, Affirmative Action Officer, Room 122 Russell Hall, 724 Community College Road, Cedar Bluff VA 24609, 276-964-7340. For further information, see the list of OCR enforcement offices for the address and phone number of the office that serves your area, or call 1-800-421-3481.