Take your first step toward better jobs and higher pay with our law enforcement certificate.
Whether you’re already employed in law enforcement or looking to enter the field, our one-year Certificate in Law Enforcement can help you
- Advance your education
- Upgrade your qualifications and skills
- Compete for better law enforcement jobs
Designed to meet the needs of law enforcement agencies in Southwest Virginia Community College’s service area, the law enforcement certificate includes all the first-year courses required for the Administration of Justice associate’s degree program. The credits you earn in this certificate can apply toward an associate’s degree, if you choose to continue your studies.
If you’re seeking entry-level employment in law enforcement, our law enforcement certificate provides practical workforce training that can help you land your first job.
Choose our certificate in law enforcement if you want to:
- Take the first step toward a law enforcement associate’s degree.
- Earn a credential that qualifies you for entry-level law enforcement jobs.
- Learn from experienced instructors who’ve spent many years as law enforcement professionals.
- Get a value-oriented certificate that you can comfortably afford on your budget.
- Earn transferable credits from an accredited institution that meets high standards of teaching and learning.
- Work with our career counselors and academic advisers to plan an education pathway specifically tailored to your career goals.
Qualify for Better Jobs and Higher Pay With a Law Enforcement Certificate
Southwest Virginia Community College has strong workforce development partnerships with law enforcement agencies throughout the region. We developed the law enforcement certificate program with their direct input. You can complete the certificate program in three semesters as a full-time student, or longer as a part-time student.
The law enforcement certificate includes coursework in criminal justice, ethics, public speaking, narcotics, juvenile justice, computer applications, and physical fitness / exercise. The certificate provides you with a foundation for law enforcement jobs such as:
- Police officer
- Government inspector
- Private investigator
- Security officer
Contact Program Adviser Jerry Stinson, firstname.lastname@example.org, 276.964.7203 or contact Southwest Virginia Community College at 276.964.7238 or email@example.com to get more information about the law enforcement certificate program.