Now Available! A faster, easier way for you to receive financial aid refund disbursements.
SWCC has contracted with TMS (Tuition Management Systems) to process financial aid disbursements and certain tuition refunds to students electronically.
Note that this contract is a large file which is best viewed by right clicking on the link and selecting “Save target as…” to download the file prior to viewing.
As a student at SWCC, you can choose to select your preferred refund disbursement method as electronic and get your refund FAST:
in as little as one (1) business day after you see the refund processed on your SIS account with the SWCC Visa Prepaid Educatecard (reloadable debit card) OR in as little as 2-3 business days with Direct Deposit (ACH).*
Go to the SWCC Refund Disbursement Portal to register and choose your preferred method of receiving any refund due you. NOTE: If you receive an error when attempting to register, please contact the SWCC Admissions Office for assistance.
To learn more about the system go to https://sw.afford.com/
- To access the refund portal and register for your electronic refund method go to http://swchoice.afford.com
- To access the Visa Prepaid Educatecard Help and FAQ go to https://sw.afford.com/Refunds
Even if you do not anticipate receiving a financial aid disbursement or tuition refund, setting up your refund disbursement preference is recommended. You only need to setup your preference once for all future terms and you may change your preference at any time. We encourage you to sign-up early so your refund disbursement won’t be delayed.
- If you paid your tuition with a credit card using QuikPAY and are due a refund, your tuition refund will be issued back to the card that was originally used for payment.
- If you select the SWCC Visa Prepaid Educatecard (Debit Card) to receive your refund disbursements, you must follow certain rules to ensure you are not charged any fees. Visit the SWCC Visa Prepaid Educatecard cardholder website to view the card fees information and see how to use the card for free.
- If you choose the debit card refund preference, please do not throw the card away as it is reloadable and will be used as long as you are a student at SWCC.
- If you do not log in and request your refund with either a debit card or direct deposit, the college’s default delivery method by check will be in effect for your account. Checks may take as many as 10 to 14 days.
- When you register for classes, you will also receive an email reminder with this registration link to the SWCC Refund Disbursement Portal if you haven’t yet chosen the electronic refund method.
SWCC ATM locations are Russell Hall, Lebanon Center and the Booth Center.
*Certain state grants and tuition refunds may take an additional 3-5 business days (listed below). A business day is considered to be Monday through Friday. Some of these grants are COMA, VGAP, CSAP, PTAP, VMSDEP, private scholarships, Tuition Payment Plan.
Replacement Cards – Lost or Stolen Cards
If your SWCC Visa Prepaid Educatecard (Reloadable Debit Card) is lost or stolen you should contact TMS or visit the SWCC Visa Prepaid Educatecard website immediately to have your card inactivated following the on-screen instructions. The college cannot be held responsible for lost or stolen cards. TMS charges a $9.00 replacement card fee at the time of ordering a replacement card.
You may also contact TMS customer care at (888) 425-1138.
Student Data Information Regarding the Prepaid Card Program (TMS)
- Total number of students with a prepaid account that were enrolled during the award year: 141
- Mean amount of fees charged to students during the award year: $5.13
- Median amount of fees charged to students during the award year: $4.00
- Total invoice amount paid to TMS for the Refund program: $2,277.28