Career Coaches are available in area high schools to assist students by working with them to develop individualized career and education plans to meet their specific goals. The high school career coaches also help students secure admission and financial aid for their chosen college or training program.
Should additional support be needed, the coaches assist the student to acquire support services through human services agencies and community based organizations. Career Coaches also educate students about programs and services available at One Stop Centers, adult education, and community colleges.
Core Services of Career Coach
1. Individualized assessments to determine skills, needs, interests, and aptitudes
2. Personalized advice and guidance on career and postsecondary education options
3. Links to financial and other types of secondary support to aid in career and educational development
4. Training and instruction to improve job-seeking skills and capabilities
5. Training and instruction to improve general life skills
6. Encouragement, mentoring, and support
7. Development of individual action plans
8. Connections to industry organizations, employers, and jobs and to appropriate organizations offering career development services