Connect Buchanan County | Tuition Free College Education
The Buchanan County Board of Supervisors has decided to continue covering the tuition for non-traditional students for Summer 2020 semester only. The students must have already enrolled in classes and have a processed funding application prior to the first day of summer classes on June 8, 2020. These students will not be covered for Fall 2020.
If you have questions about the status of your tuition funding, please contact our Financial Aid office at 276-964-7724 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. All applicants must apply for admission and meet SWCC entrance requirements. View our.admissions process on the Admissions webpage or contact SWCC Admissions at 276.964.7238 , or email email@example.com, for assistance.
2. All applicants must complete the Federal Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in entirety and complete any verification requirements with SWCC’s Financial Aid office. To complete the FAFSA, go to https://fafsa.gov/. Contact SWCC Financial Aid at 276.964.7724 if you need assistance or have questions or visit our Apply for Financial Aid webpage for more information.
3. All applicants must provide official high school transcripts.
4. All applicants must provide proof of residency in Buchanan County for at least one (1) year in order to be considered for funding. *Students who live outside Buchanan County but qualify for in-state tuition under30-mile radius conditions are not eligible for this program.
All applicants are required to complete 16 hours of community service each academic year. At least 8 hours must be completed in the fall and spring semesters in order to remain eligible for funding.
All community service must be completed within Buchanan County with a pre-approved organization and submitted using the SWCC Connect-Buchanan County Community Service Form
- You must enroll in an academic degree, diploma, or certificate program at SWCC.
- SWCC reserves the right to request additional information as needed.
- Concurrent Enrollment (Dual) credits are not eligible for this program.
CONNECT BUCHANAN COUNTY SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
Application currently unavailable
Submit your completed application to the Admissions office mail the application to:
PO Box 1101
Richlands, VA 24641
Telephone numbers you should know:
Admissions Office: 276.964.7238
Financial Aid: 276.964.7724
SWCC Educational Foundation: 276.964.7351