Connect Buchanan County | Tuition Free College Education
- Buchanan County high school graduates from 2019 onward.
- Funding is dependent on the County’s annual budget which begins each year on July 1.
- Graduates must have a GPA of 2.0 upon high school graduation and maintain a 2.0 GPA to retain eligibility.
- Private school, GED, and homeschool graduates are eligible to apply.
- Financial assistance shall be given for six consecutive semesters after high school graduation, starting no later than the subsequent fall term.
- 8 hours of community service each term funding is received is required. THIS IS WAIVED FOR THE 2020 GRADUATES DUE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC.
1. All applicants must apply for admission and meet SWCC entrance requirements. View our.admissions process on the Admissions webpage or contact SWCC Admissions at 276.964.7238 , or email email@example.com, for assistance.
2. All applicants must complete the Federal Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in entirety and complete any verification requirements with SWCC’s Financial Aid office. To complete the FAFSA, go to https://fafsa.gov/. Contact SWCC Financial Aid at 276.964.7724 if you need assistance or have questions or visit our Apply for Financial Aid webpage for more information.
3. All applicants must provide official high school transcripts.
4. All applicants must provide proof of residency in Buchanan County for at least one (1) year in order to be considered for funding. *Students who live outside Buchanan County but qualify for in-state tuition under30-mile radius conditions are not eligible for this program.
Community Service Form: All community service must be completed within Buchanan County with a pre-approved organization and submitted using the SWCC Connect-Buchanan County Community Service Form
Application Form: SWCC-Connect-Buchanan-Scholarship-Application-20-21
Submit your completed application to the Admissions office or mail the application to:
PO Box 1101
Richlands, VA 24641
Telephone numbers you should know:
Admissions Office: 276.964.7238
Financial Aid: 276.964.7724
SWCC Educational Foundation: 276.964.7351