Southwest Virginia Community College is committed to supporting the exercise of constitutionally protected expression in college-controlled facilities and property while maintaining a safe atmosphere free from disruption. Please see the SWCC-Annual-Expressive-Activity-Report-for-2022
All SWCC club advisors are provided with the expressive activity policy in order to support the exercise of constitutionally protected expression.
The use of college facilities and property must
- not impede student education, academic activities, scheduled events, functions, or the faculty/staff work environment
- be safe for participants and not generate security issues
- preserve the integrity and aesthetics of the college’s property.
REPORT AN INCIDENT
You may report an incident of disruption of constitutionally protected speech by contacting:
- M.D. McGhee, Chief of Police, 276-964-7603 OR on campus 637221, email@example.com
- Dyan Lester, Dean of Student Success/Title IX Coordinator, 276-964-7677, firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also report an incident using the SWCC online reporting system. A link to the TIPS system is available at the bottom of every sw.edu webpage.