Southwest Virginia Community College is committed to supporting the exercise of constitutionally protected expression in college-controlled facilities and property while maintaining a safe atmosphere free from disruption. Please see the Annual Report on Expressive Activity 2023
All SWCC club advisors are provided with the expressive activity policy to support the exercise of constitutionally protected expression.
The use of college facilities and property must
- not impede student education, academic activities, scheduled events, functions, or the faculty/staff work environment
- be safe for participants and not generate security issues
- preserve the integrity and aesthetics of the college’s property.
REPORT AN INCIDENT
You may report an incident of disruption of constitutionally protected speech by contacting:
- M.D. McGhee, Chief of Police, 276-964-7603 OR on campus 637221, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lisa Haywood, Interim Dean of Student Success, 276-964-7677, email@example.com
You may also report an incident using the SWCC online reporting system. A link to the TIPS system is available at the bottom of every sw.edu webpage.