RN Student Resources
The Southwest Virginia Community College nursing program prepares qualified students to provide safe, competent, entry-level nursing care in 21st century healthcare environments. Students are prepared to meet the ever-increasing complexity of the healthcare needs of our citizens.
SWCC Nursing Program Outcomes (results exhibit Virginia Appalachian Tricollege Nursing Program percentages)
|Year of Graduation||NCLEX-RN|
|Program Completion||Graduate Job Placement|
|2018 (N =191)||90.53%||77%||100%|
|2019 (N =180)||87.7%||73%||100%|
* NCLEX National Statistics from www.NCSBN.org
Documents and forms posted here are for use by students who have been accepted to the Nursing Program at Southwest.
The Nursing Program accepts new students each fall semester.
- Background Checks and Drug Screens
- Clinical Requirements
- Student Performance Standards for Clinical Assignments
- Fitness for Duty Form
- Standard of Safe Clinical Performance
- Student Information and Physical Assessment Form
- Student Statement of Criminal Background
- Student Statement of Health Form
- Tuberculosis Screening Requirement Form
- Tuberculosis Symptom Screening Questionnaire