Precision Machining - Career Studies Certificate
Good machinists are in high demand across the nation. Machinists are responsible for forming items and parts based on blueprints and designs created by engineers.
This program will prepare students to be CNC programmers and/or operators and is designed to be completed in just two semesters! Contact us today for more information!
A QUALITY EDUCATION
The Precision Machining Program is designed to provide students with an introduction to the machining industry. The curriculum will be developed by using a combination of lectures, in-class demonstrations, and videos.
The curriculum will also be developed around the following equipment: CAD/CAM, lathes, mills drill press, surface grinders, CNC lathe and CNC mill. The students will develop skills in blueprint reading, mathematics, drafting, and soft skills to better prepare the students for employment. Students successfully completing the two semesters in this program will receive a career studies certificate in Precision Machining.
OPPORTUNITIES TO EARN THESE CERTIFICATES
- OSHA 10
- American Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED
- Microsoft Digital Literacy
- National Institute for Metalworking Skills (NIMS) Measurement, Materials & Safety
- National Institute for Metalworking Skills (NIMS) Job Planning, Bench work & Layout
- National Institute for Metalworking Skills (NIMS) CNC Turning: Operations
- National Institute for Metalworking Skills (NIMS) CNC Milling: Operations
- National Coalition of Certification Centers (NC3) Snap-On Precision Measurement Instruments (Slide Caliper, Tape and Rule, Gauge, Angle, Micrometer, and Dial Gauge)
- National Coalition of Certification Centers (NC3) Dremel 3D Printer Certification (Coming Soon)
- Precision Machining Career Studies Certificate
- Other NIMS Certification opportunities could occur, based on student progress. These could include: Manual Millings Skills I, Grinding Skills, Drills Press Skills, Turning Operations, etc.