Distance Learning Resources
Remote Access to Online Library Resources
Registered SWCC students have remote (off-campus) access to VIVA and several other specially purchased library databases using their MYSouthwest username and password. VIVA is not remotely available to the general public.
If you are accessing electronic library resources from a computer away from the campus, you may be prompted for a username and password. In most instances, you will enter your MYSouthwest username and password to access the electronic library resources.
Access PRIMO Search (information search service) which provides:
- Quick access to VIVA databases, VIVA e-Journals, & LRC Live
- View Course Reserve listings;
- Put items in your eShelf for future access;
- Access your SWCC personal library account (My Account);
- "Request this Item" to be put on hold for you; and
- Search full-text Career Collection from the "Select College" drop-down menu.
- The truncation symbol in the Online Catalog is an asterick(*). The full text of some items is available via the Online Catalog. To access a full-text item, click on the Online Access link in the Full View of the item record.
- If you are having trouble accessing the Library's databases from off campus, try using the Firefox (Mozilla) internet browser, instead of Microsoft Explorer.
- The VCCS Library Resources has a complete list of databases at http://vccs.libguides.com/findit.
- The SWCC LibGuides also has a complete A-Z list of available databases at http://sw.vccs.libguides.com/DatabasesA-Z.